• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,437 posts in this topic

I broke out ASM #34 for my pre-dawn reading today. Compared to the interior art where Ditko put a lot of time and detail in, the cover looks a bit rushed. It's based on one of the story panels. The other thing I noticed is that this story must have been the basis for the Aurora model kit. There's a panel with Spidey creeping down the steps of a condemned building (sans Kraven) that's a ringer for the model.

ASM34.jpg

Paging JIMJUM! I have liberated your copy of ASM 4. It sits proudly in my collection now as a copy with no need of upgrade!

ASM4.jpg

.... that means that you have by now noticed the date stamp on the first page..... which predates any of the earliest estimates of when this book first appeared on the stands..... nothing conclusive, mind you, but still kind of neat. The gloss, color, and PQ on that book are extraordinary..... it deserves it's freedom. :golfclap: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Paging JIMJUM! I have liberated your copy of ASM 4. It sits proudly in my collection now as a copy with no need of upgrade!

ASM4.jpg

.... that means that you have by now noticed the date stamp on the first page..... which predates any of the earliest estimates of when this book first appeared on the stands..... nothing conclusive, mind you, but still kind of neat. The gloss, color, and PQ on that book are extraordinary..... it deserves it's freedom. :golfclap: GOD BLESS....

Love the early date stamps. What is the date on that copy?

Here's my #2 - Feb 14, 1963

bWougBk.jpg

ASM4.jpg

Love the early date stamps. What is the date on that copy?

Here's my #2 - Feb 14, 1963

bWougBk.jpg

Not a big date stamp guy myself but when they are this neat and clear they are pretty cool. also neato that jim remembered it (thumbs u

IMG_0293_zpsfvgznje3.jpg