• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,453 posts in this topic

I know you're new here (and a belated welcome, BTW! thumbsup2.gif ).

There was some...unpleasantness with h2g, the gentleman in question. Don't think he'll be responding.

Thanks for the BTW. I appreciate that.

Unpleasantness 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you want to PM I'll keep it under my hat. gossip.gif

If not, no worries. smile.gif

Click on his username...click on "user's recent posts"...and read the "Non Payer Alert" thread. Make sure you're seated comfortably...it could take a while.

OK, back to the Spideys!

This just in at the Post Office. Kudos to joker-fish on a great trade. My history with ASM 14 is a goofy one. In 1986 I was 14 and bought a "NM" ASM 14 at a Boston show for 10% off the Overstreet 14 NM price - $54. At the time it was a total grail and the funny part was I had never seen one. To be honest I remember being disappointed in the cover art. But I bought it anyway. For the most part it was an exceptional copy except it had some tiny tiny 1/16th inch tears on the top edge due to overhang. So I made it better and trimmed the top, and not very well either.

10 years later as the price skyrocketed, I couldn't stand owning it anymore so I sold it. Its been another 7 years and I finally got a nice replacement though it cost me some Golden Flash/Hawkman.

asm14b.jpg

asm14.jpg

Great pickup! I will be on the look out for a copy because I am an ASM completionist. (Low grade of course)

Funny thing is that I always hated the Green Goblin storylines. I'd rather have a Kraven, Mysterio, Electro, or Doc Ock story any day of the week. Hmmm that reminds me, I need to pickup a copy of ASM Annual #1.

For all of you completionists out there, do you have to have all of the annuals for it to considered a full run?

For all of you completionists out there, do you have to have all of the annuals for it to considered a full run?

Yes, and I even include the Giant-Sizes, as well, but that's just me.

Ditto! But to each their own... as a collector friend & I argue about this all the time. He doesn't worry about the Annuals as far as completion, while I do. I mean, how can you have a Spidey collection without the Sinister Six - or Spidey vs Dracula!?!?!

Yes, and I even include the Giant-Sizes, as well, but that's just me.

Ditto! But to each their own... as a collector friend & I argue about this all the time. He doesn't worry about the Annuals as far as completion, while I do. I mean, how can you have a Spidey collection without the Sinister Six - or Spidey vs Dracula!?!?!

I'll throw in the two Spectacular Spider-Man Magazines as well. To me, they all live in the same big Spidey family. cloud9.gif

Of course, then variants are another beast entirely........ confused-smiley-013.gif

I figured I may as well put my name on the ASM collectors list.

I started collecting the serires about a year ago and so far I need around 70 books. My collection includes all the ASM annuals, ASM giant size, and ASM 150-500 straight. I have a ton of misc books before 150 but nothing in huge runs. The hightest grade under 200 is probaly around 5.0 - 6.0 grade. I wouldn't mind higher grades but right now I really would rather consintrate on completeling the set. Now days I'm focused on finnishing the 100's while at the same time looking for good deals on some older key books like ASM 1-10.

Ray

The 60's storyline was passable at best but the 70's wedding stuff was outright bizarre. The topper was the wedding cover where the priest says

" with this ring I thee WEB!?"

Some should be tied to the whipping post for that zinger.

Aunt may in a wedding gown looked like a Gong show guest gone bad.

The 60's storyline was passable at best but the 70's wedding stuff was outright bizarre. The topper was the wedding cover where the priest says

" with this ring I thee WEB!?"

Some should be tied to the whipping post for that zinger.

Aunt may in a wedding gown looked like a Gong show guest gone bad.

MKofOB-Gongshow.jpg893applaud-thumb.gif

Three pickups (2 silver and a bronze)

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

ASM129.jpg

ASM22.jpg

ASM23.jpg

I wish this forum was as active as the one for the golden oldies....

sleeping.gifsleeping.gif