• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,453 posts in this topic

My silver ASM quest (started buying them in the 1980s!) is almost over...the only Spideys I still need are

#1 yeahok.gif

#2 blush.gif

#41 tongue.gif

and honestly I don't expect to pick up #1 or #2 anytime soon.

Which 5 are you after, and in what grade range?

1 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

2 You will get it soon thumbsup2.gif

41 ?? Why dont you have that yet

ASM #1 is just too pricey for me...no surprise there. If I were to spend $800-$1000 on a book, I'd rather buy a cool/rare early golden age book than a bedraggled Spidey #1. Maybe I'll sell off some stuff to get one eventually, but it's not a priority for me at the moment. Same with ASM #2, though there's a decent chance I'll someday come across the right cheap #2 and take the plunge.

Yeah, the missing #41 is pretty random. But it's a grossly overpriced key in the Guide (1st Rhino? come on!), and tends to look kind of tanned or cruddy in the lower grades (a nasty white+black cover, the worst of both worlds), so finding the right combination of low price and decent eye appeal is the trick. Ironically, I won an ebay auction for a very cheap mid-grade #41 a week or two ago, but let the seller off the hook (probably too easily) after he gave me a sob story about how he expected to get more for it. I'm sure I'll find one eventually.

. Ironically, I won an ebay auction for a very cheap mid-grade #41 a week or two ago, but let the seller off the hook (probably too easily) after he gave me a sob story about how he expected to get more for it.

Bah, you should have taken that sucker for every penny. sumo.gif

Wuss! poke2.gif

. Ironically, I won an ebay auction for a very cheap mid-grade #41 a week or two ago, but let the seller off the hook (probably too easily) after he gave me a sob story about how he expected to get more for it.

Wuss! poke2.gif

Karma, baby. headbang.gif

...Nah, you're right, I am a wuss. 27_laughing.gifacclaim.gif

Wuss! poke2.gif

Karma, baby. headbang.gif

...Nah, you're right, I am a wuss. 27_laughing.gifacclaim.gif

And you call yourself a New Yorker poke2.gif

I know this is a bronze spidey but it's my very first spidey 129 so i just had to post it here! Couldn't believe my local LCS had this little gem listed for only $200! I got to inspect it up close and could see the front cover was at least 8.5 maybe even 9.0 with just a 3/16 tear on the back cover knocking down the grade!

cloud9.gif

asm129003copy.jpg

Edited by mar-vell

Yeah, I've always wanted to get into them but they are pretty pricey, the LCS had this listed as a G/G+ and going for 17.99 less a 20% discount...couldn't pass on that and according to my suspicion, the grading forum, this is more like a VG or VG- book so I was thrilled...now which to shoot for next 893scratchchin-thumb.gif