• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,817 posts in this topic

Thats one thing that irks me. I don't think any dirt or foxing should be allowed at this grade at all. It should be NM+ and not contain traits of a NM or lower grade book.

Yes OW/W is not a big deal but lets say I had this kind of money to shell out on a book I'd hold out for white. These collectors want the best attainable right ?

CGC allows it because it's removable...and this is the first 9.6 on this issue that was just recently graded, you'll be waiting a while.

A good slot filler till that white pager shows up :insane: Its too bad they allow it on 9.6's. Even 9.4's for that matter.

Still a terrific comic (worship) Its probably in my top 3 FF covers. Something about the way that yellow pops.

Have any 9.4s sold publically? If so, for how much?

Several -- the White Mountain copy for $15K in 2001, another for $27K in 2006, and one for $25K earlier this year. This isn't the 9.4 from earlier this year, I considered buying it and this one has a different wrap.

I don't think those "dots" are dirt or foxing. Looks like a bit of the black ink may have smudged a tad during the printing process.

Book's a stone cold killer, and may be the nicest copy in existence.

I doubt their are many more at that level.....it would look nice in Brulato's short box...right after his 9.6 copy of # 1. It would already be gone at 65 K.....it wouldn't surprise me if it hits 85K.....but the market has been a little soft. The real question that most of us don't know the answer to is whether the 2 high rollers from recent years are chasing highest certified or whether they just require "world class" 9.4 copies of the first 20 or so. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I don't think those "dots" are dirt or foxing. Looks like a bit of the black ink may have smudged a tad during the printing process.

Book's a stone cold killer, and may be the nicest copy in existence.

That is something I would like to know if I had the money to buy this book. Print flaw on 9.6 (thumbs u Foxing on a 9.6 :sick: The price difference between a 9.4 and 9.6 can be huge and if it is foxing it shouldn't be allowed in a 9.6.

New book just popped up on ComicLink for $85K. There are approximately four people on the planet who would pay anywhere close to that price for this new top-census book, and Josh knows who all of them are. Wonder which one gets it and for how much...

RAD4F1FB2010101_14390.jpg

Um...I'm considering this one...can I get a back cover scan please... :insane:lol

Seriously...I'm speechless...UFB-ly gorgeous copy! :headbang:

WOW!!!

that is an awesome#2!!

what do you guys think of this #1 a friend emailed me?

i was gonna post in the "can you spare a grade" thread, but thought our thread here would be better.

You had a comic emailed to you? :insane:

and NO, it's not "better here" it goes into the PGM section :makepoint:

New book just popped up on ComicLink for $85K. There are approximately four people on the planet who would pay anywhere close to that price for this new top-census book, and Josh knows who all of them are. Wonder which one gets it and for how much...

Um...I'm considering this one...can I get a back cover scan please... :insane:lol

Seriously...I'm speechless...UFB-ly gorgeous copy! :headbang:

Wonder if it's been on the presser ? :whistle:

With the Skrulls a likely major villain in one or more upcoming films, this key could be more key fairly soon