• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,785 posts in this topic

I decided to start removing more of my books from slabs this weekend. I have been realizing more in more why should I keep them in plastic when I do not have any plans to sell them. It also gave me a chance to truly see/ inspect the defects for myself. So I decided to take a new group shot of the first 13. The #4, 5, and 12 were the ones freed from this picture. 99%+ of my collection is raw so its nice to have uniformity and I don't get distracted by the big number in the corner.

b010.jpg

I decided to start removing more of my books from slabs this weekend. I have been realizing more in more why should I keep them in plastic when I do not have any plans to sell them. It also gave me a chance to truly see/ inspect the defects for myself. So I decided to take a new group shot of the first 13. The #4, 5, and 12 were the ones freed from this picture. 99%+ of my collection is raw so its nice to have uniformity and I don't get distracted by the big number in the corner.

b010.jpg

Great picture!!!! :headbang: I need most of those! :cry: One day... :cloud9:

b010.jpg

Wow (worship)

Awesome picture Brian!

What kind of #4 is that, pence?

b010.jpg

Wow (worship)

Awesome picture Brian!

What kind of #4 is that, pence?

Bee-oot-tee-ful!! :headbang:

New book just popped up on ComicLink for $85K. There are approximately four people on the planet who would pay anywhere close to that price for this new top-census book, and Josh knows who all of them are. Wonder which one gets it and for how much...

RAD4F1FB2010101_14390.jpg

Looks over graded to me. What are those dots near the door ?

85k and it has OW/W pages. :eek:

Dirt or foxing, either way, CGC consistently allows it at this level when it's that minor. There's nothing wrong with ow/w pages. :eyeroll:

Looks over graded to me. What are those dots near the door ?

85k and it has OW/W pages. :eek:

Dirt or foxing, either way, CGC consistently allows it at this level when it's that minor. There's nothing wrong with ow/w pages. :eyeroll:

Thats one thing that irks me. I don't think any dirt or foxing should be allowed at this grade at all. It should be NM+ and not contain traits of a NM or lower grade book.

Yes OW/W is not a big deal but lets say I had this kind of money to shell out on a book I'd hold out for white. These collectors want the best attainable right ?

Thats one thing that irks me. I don't think any dirt or foxing should be allowed at this grade at all. It should be NM+ and not contain traits of a NM or lower grade book.

Yes OW/W is not a big deal but lets say I had this kind of money to shell out on a book I'd hold out for white. These collectors want the best attainable right ?

CGC allows it because it's removable...and this is the only 9.6 on this issue on the planet, so you'll be waiting a while.