• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,694 posts in this topic

I LOVE the Curator Pedigree.....White pages, high gloss......One of my favorite pedigrees.

Whoever endd up with the Curator FF's doesn't seem to be coming off of them....I wonder if the early issues have been slabbed ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I LOVE the Curator Pedigree.....White pages, high gloss......One of my favorite pedigrees.

Whoever endd up with the Curator FF's doesn't seem to be coming off of them....I wonder if the early issues have been slabbed ? GOD BLESS...

#2 through #100 are all owned by the same guy--a very famous comics creator--who likely cares nothing about slabbing. The #1 was sold to an unknown buyer and may actually be one of the unpedigreed copies already in a slab, nobody really knows.

Here's my most recent (yesterday at B'more Con):

FF5.jpg

Finally!!!!!! :whee::banana::cloud9:

Yeah! :applause: I love the rush that you feel when you finally get one of your big grails. (worship)

That's a suh-weeeeeeeeeeeet #5 Chris! First Doom! :cloud9:

FF5.jpg

I love it.

I can never get one cheap. This book is always on fire and I bet you paid yer *** for it !!

FF5.jpg

I love it.

I can never get one cheap. This book is always on fire and I bet you paid yer *** for it !!

It was the most I've ever paid for a book, but it was much less than what I had budgeted for it. I was very happy with the price.

It was the most I've ever paid for a book, but it was much less than what I had budgeted for it. I was very happy with the price.

This is one of the best books you could take that plunge on, it's just a very desirable key. It's a second-tier key, but Doctor Doom/Darth Vader's extreme popularity coupled with this being a fairly tough book to find--at least as far as early Silver Marvels go, I know DCs are harder--make putting money into this book one of the safer bets in comics. (thumbs u

I think so as well.

Near the end of the show, I showed the book to Donut and he said this book has been "drying up" (becoming much harder to find) over the past year or so.

I saw 6 or 7 total at the show (including the one I picked up). All in the lower grades. Didn't see anything above VG/VG+. Well, there was a PGX 5.0, but I think they missed it on that particular copy.

I don't have my copy yet....but noticed OSPG has FINALLY broken up the FF 14-20 "log jam" and separated out # 16 and # 18....which always go for way more than the others.... :applause: ....also a nice bump to # 13. Anyone notice any others ? GOD BLESS...

I don't have my copy yet....but noticed OSPG has FINALLY broken up the FF 14-20 "log jam" and separated out # 16 and # 18....which always go for way more than the others.... :applause: ....also a nice bump to # 13. Anyone notice any others ?

Only 14 and 20 are fairly plentiful in that range. I haven't noticed a significant price difference on 15-19, they're all hard to find, and of them, 16 seems like the easiest. I particularly see 17 and 18 going for similar prices--how did 18 get priced, and if it's more than the surrounding issues, why--because of the Super Skrull? I don't think that's why people pay for it--it's run collectors and that's just a really tough issue, as is the entire 11-19 run except #14.

13 is now 2K in 9.2. FF 18 is at 1600 and FF 16 is at 1500. The # 8 is another that seems to outperform the rest in it's group. 16 does seem to be a bit more common but it seems to be a favorite of many....and the low census numbers in high grade seem to boost sales for the 18. I always felt the Super Skrull was fairly significant...he's appeared all over the Marvel Universe. 17 may be the second toughest of the batch....and a 9.4 would probably attract the attention of the 2 high rollers that were the source of some of the record prices last year. GOD BLESS...