• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,705 posts in this topic

What the heck is the "sids luncheonette collection" though??? I've never heard of that one before i dont think hm

The collection of Harry Banks, who posts on the Boards as Burntboy. He started buying comics off the rack in 1956 up through 1964. A few of his books turned into top census copies, and the rest have really nice cover inks and paper preservation. His collection included most all of the early SA DC and Marvel keys, many in nice shape.

Here's a link to the initial sale of many of Harry's Marvels (less many of the keys): http://www.tvcomics.com/Sids.html

Thanks (thumbs u

What the heck is the "sids luncheonette collection" though??? I've never heard of that one before i dont think hm

The collection of Harry Banks, who posts on the Boards as Burntboy. He started buying comics off the rack in 1956 up through 1964. A few of his books turned into top census copies, and the rest have really nice cover inks and paper preservation. His collection included most all of the early SA DC and Marvel keys, many in nice shape.

Here's a link to the initial sale of many of Harry's Marvels (less many of the keys): http://www.tvcomics.com/Sids.html

Thanks (thumbs u

They were also unpressed at original slabbing. At one time there was a record of the slabbed books at www.tvcomics.com ....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hmmm, i think it's a little farther than that but not too bad. WPB airport is about 45 miles from us and i think PBG is about double that so maybe 90-100 miles. Not bad though, i'd make that drive to meet up (thumbs u

When Mark 1 was in PHX last time he had mentioned that you live near him so I figure since we determined 75 mile between my parents house and his, that it would be similar for you.

Sids luncheonette (according to) the certificate.. was a shop in Orange NJ that "burntboy amassed the majority of his 1000 OO books between 60 and 64.

and like namisgr said.. reall nice inks. this 33 is gorgeous.

Good day in my FF collection.

ff9f.jpg

ff27f.jpg

ff33f.jpg

ff33slc.jpg

NICE!!! (worship)

It's too bad you live in Arizona. At the rate you buy books, if you lived in florida, we could hang out and have quite the bro-mance! lol

You're definitely a buyer after my own heart! :applause:

Next time im in Fl (parents house.) maybe you me and Mark 1 will hit a store of two.

great books...all of them.... (thumbs u

Where in FL ????

Naples....just across Alligator Alley from you... :cool:

Cool, my dad lives there half the year so I'm over there all the time during the winter. Are there any LCS's worth visiting over there?

No...there are none.... :(

There is a store called "Big Kats" that has some moderns, but no vintage stuff.

They used to have a little SA stuff...but now they sell paperbacks, and used books more than actual comic books. So I can't call them a comic book store mainly because there is not much of a selection.

Maybe this Winter we can get together. hm

Joe

Cheater! GRR's dont count! :baiting:

Those both are nice though! I'm still trying to figure out how that 1 is a 5.0 ???

From those pics it almost looks comparable to the 9.6 :o

Edited by sufunk

Those both are nice though! I'm still trying to figure out how that 1 is a 5.0 ???

Yeah, that is the way i want all my 5.0 books to look. A keeper for sure!!!! :headbang:

Thanks. There is a lot of minor chipping along the right edge of the 5.0. However, unlike other books I have seen with chipping, it does not stand out.

In hand, the cover is very bright and white. I like it a lot.