• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,712 posts in this topic

Only because there have been so many of these battles over the years.

However, in the beginning, when the Thing had not met the Hulk, all Marvel readers were BEGGING for a confrontation between these two.

Back then the strongest Marvel heroes were few and far between, being The Thing, The Hulk, Thor & the Sub-mariner. That was the top four. Period.

So Marvel fans have always speculated on who would win in a battle if they fought. That is why all the books featuring these early battles are so expensive also.

FF #12, FF #25, & 26 and JIM #112. Later on Marvel introduced many super-strong powerful heroes and villains, but in the early days it was only these four.

I think this is one of those "you had to be there" moments to fully appreciate these stories as we did in 1962-65.

By the way, the battle between the Hulk & Thing in FF25 & 26 tops FF #12 in my opinion.

Agree with all that. (thumbs u I remember having playground squabbles as to who was stronger - Hulk or Thing.

It is with great sadness that FF has slipped so far down the Marvel pecking order. To the younger readers FF just isn't important. And I dont think it's got much to do with the movies either. The stopped being popular ages before that.

Then again, it makes my childhood grails easier to pickup. :applause:

maybe this has been discussed elsewhere but did anyone notice the FF 1 3.0 on heritage this week? already at 8300(w/ the bp). bit odd no?

I don't think it's been discussed yet...I thought of posting a thread about it but didn't. Was going to see what the final hammer price would be.

It is way above recent sale prices for 3.0 copies. It's a nice PQ 3.0 but certainly not a copy I think can benefit from a CPR.

I just bought a 3.0 so I'm not complaining about the price but is interesting. :)

maybe this has been discussed elsewhere but did anyone notice the FF 1 3.0 on heritage this week? already at 8300(w/ the bp). bit odd no?

I think they were lucky to get 3.0 from CGC. Marvel chipping, missing pieces, looks like the spine is ripped at the bottom, plus general wear and tear. I can't see anyone bidding on this thinking it has any upgrade potential.

Price doesn't make sense to me

Edited by thehumantorch

I think they were lucky to get 3.0 from CGC. Marvel chipping, missing pieces, looks like the spine is ripped at the bottom, plus general wear and tear. I can't see anyone bidding on this thinking it has any upgrade potential.

Price doesn't make sense to me

Nor me. You can get a CGC 3.0 for far less surely. - If FF realy is on the move, Maybe I had better get a wiggle on and fill the gaps in my 2-20 FF run. I only need 19 of 'em.

......two people want Jim Furferri's FF 1 in a serious way. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Is that a real person who owned this book before? I didn't realize this copy is some known copy.

If you are kidding..sorry....didn't know the reference. :)

Is that a real person who owned this book before? I didn't realize this copy is some known copy.

Furferri opened one of the earlier LCS's in the country in Rochester .....my pal Denny used to go there. There's a whole separate catalog featuring his stuff.....he passed away prematurely last year. The collection features the cream of the cream that crossed his threshold.....although I believe more than one FF 1 is in the group. Perhaps this was his OO copy from his childhood. GOD BLESS...

Furferri opened one of the earlier LCS's in the country in Rochester .....my pal Denny used to go there. There's a whole separate catalog featuring his stuff.....he passed away prematurely last year. The collection features the cream of the cream that crossed his threshold.....although I believe more than one FF 1 is in the group. Perhaps this was his OO copy from his childhood. GOD BLESS...

Thanks Jim. That's really interesting. Even being from his collection, the price is off the charts.

Thanks Jim. That's really interesting. Even being from his collection, the price is off the charts.

....I'm with you guys.....something may be wrong, we'll have to wait and see. GOD BLESS....

The 3.0 on Heritage is now over $11,950....something is clearly strange here.

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121230&lotNo=12309&lotIdNo=26001#85568556519

something wrong in Denmark......

You can now make an offer to the new owner. Through HA, the minimum is $15,535.

That make no sense. (shrug)