• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,714 posts in this topic

I was very glad to be of help to Harry, and Kaspar undercopies are more than often… :cloud9:

That #48 has a nice paper quality. :)

i vote the other way, but concede reasonable minds can differ over this tuff, tuff call.

I hadn't considered thinking about it reasonably...I usually just go with my default settings. :grin:

Kidding aside; I just sold off the vast majority of my 1-150 ASM run, but the Master Planner Trilogy stays right here with me! :headbang:

choosing between those two arcs would be like choosing between Pizza or Chinese...... two totally different things. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hmm… Not to me. The stories are very different, true, but not the Marvel spirit in its essence, so I’d vote for… both! :luhv:

I know FF 48-50 is considered a classic trilogy (and deservedly so, just like ASM 31-33), but I have to admit to liking FF 25-28 even better (two Hulk, Dr. Strange, and an X-Men appearance).

Simply great books!

Well, you know what I nominate, always: FF #61-67! :lol:

:makepoint: Multiple storyline infraction! I think we'd have to break them down as 61-63; 64-65; 66-67.

(Yes, I know there's a lot of overlap, but that could be said for all of 'em!)

Sounds like a fun poll! I'll nominate 57-60..."Doomsday!"

Yes! Best ever, IMO. So much Silver Age awesomeness packed into this arc.

Another favorite of mine would be 74-77.

So many great arcs in those Kirby/Lee FF's. Truly was "The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine".

Anyone have any opinions on FF 23 (I have a chance to pick up a killer copy but not sure about this particular issue)?

...that book looks fabulous in high grade..... the cover alone is worthy.....especially if you can get the full CCA on it..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I first read this issue as a reprint in a treasury edition, and it really registers high on the ol' "sense of wonder" scale for me.

"Put out of action by a plant pot! I'll never live it down!"

Well, you know what I nominate, always: FF #61-67! :lol:

:makepoint: Multiple storyline infraction! I think we'd have to break them down as 61-63; 64-65; 66-67.

(Yes, I know there's a lot of overlap, but that could be said for all of 'em!)

It’s the unifying atmosphere for me, it has always been. The Surfer-powered epic Doom story clearly ends in #60, and then a sense of mystery, unease, impending danger lurks in, from the most remote corners of consciousness… After #68 it’s not the same thing, although there are highlights. :)

Good feedback guys, thanks much - it is a Dr. Doom book, after all. :)

I always loved the cover, better than previous Doom ones. I do not precisely recall the story, I haven’t been reading it for a long time, but it’s a beauty to have in high grade, better than some earlier ones (like #17). #5 is a classic in its own status even if the cover has not much "impact". :)

Anyone have any opinions on FF 23 (I have a chance to pick up a killer copy but not sure about this particular issue)?

It's an early Doom with the best cover, imo and a killer copy. Sounds like a no-brainer to me. I'm missing this title, I would be happy with a low mid-grade copy.

Sounds like a fun poll! I'll nominate 57-60..."Doomsday!"

I haven't read them all yet, working on it but decided to read my books in chronological order so currently on earlyish Spideys and JIM's until I catch up with the FF's I've already read. But I was really surprised at how good the #38-40 were. I wasn't expecting a lot with them having lost their powers but man those issues and Mr Grimm in particular rocked!