• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,712 posts in this topic

I've sort of accepted the fact that I'm never going to get a 52...or a 45..but still hoping to land a 48 & 49 at some point.

Just give time for people to forget the silly movies and they will land back to reasonable prices. Maybe not reasonable as once they were, but regardless… I can’t believe so many people could do WITHOUT a #45 or a #52 and all of a sudden "they need them"… :lol:

I've sort of accepted the fact that I'm never going to get a 52...or a 45..but still hoping to land a 48 & 49 at some point.

Just give time for people to forget the silly movies and they will land back to reasonable prices. Maybe not reasonable as once they were, but regardless… I can’t believe so many people could do WITHOUT a #45 or a #52 and all of a sudden "they need them"… :lol:

I managed to grab a plod #52 5.5 cheap a few months ago, small amount of color touch, and a stain on the back cover.

Cracked that sucker out, bagged and boarded it, and put it in a top loader

Looks 8.0 +

I'm thrilled

With the crazy price jumps I was beginning to think I would never get a decent looking copy

Picked up a nice 82 the other day. An issue I've always had trouble finding in reasonable condition and not grossly inflated on the price.

scan0001_zpscattumy1.jpg

Now I only need #66 & #78 to have a complete run from 53-90. :whee:

Nice to see Raw books still being sought after and collected.

Good Luck on your search for the others and "Never Say Never".

I managed to grab a plod #52 5.5 cheap a few months ago, small amount of color touch, and a stain on the back cover.

Cracked that sucker out, bagged and boarded it, and put it in a top loader

Looks 8.0 +

I'm thrilled

With the crazy price jumps I was beginning to think I would never get a decent looking copy

Very glad for you! :whee:

Picked up a nice 82 the other day. An issue I've always had trouble finding in reasonable condition and not grossly inflated on the price.

scan0001_zpscattumy1.jpg

Now I only need #66 & #78 to have a complete run from 53-90. :whee:

Nice to see Raw books still being sought after and collected.

Good Luck on your search for the others and "Never Say Never".

A run collector's raw books may or may not be as expensive as a run in a registry set, but they're the same issues. They deserve to be appreciated.

Keep plugging away, friend. I've always said "when the collection is ready, the keys will appear." I forget what I stole that from... :D

:cloud9:Been waiting awhile for a 9.4 to pop up for sale. Definitely one of my favorite covers.

RADA380F2016318_105039.jpg

That's a beauty

I've been looking for a while myself for one with a good wrap and non indented staples, not always easy to find on this issue

Sorry, this is the book I am talking about. I thought I had it linked to my post above.