• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,042 posts in this topic

actually i spoke too soon. I finally had a chance to look at all 100 books and 2 did get purple labels. Both had small amount of color touches on covers. I am likely to have the color touch remove because both are high grades and key books(X-men 14 and 94) and I think it is worth it to pay the pros to remove them.

the majority of this batch were bought at conventions from 1989 to 1993 and some were bought on Ebay from 1999 to 2003. I were pretty careful back in those days at the conventions. I am sure the dealers hated dealing with me because i am one of those buyers that always asked to take the books out of the bags and spent a lot of time looking at them. I bought a bunch of raw books from Ebay from 1999 to 2003 and quite few of them were PLOD and I won't bother submit them because the restorations were so obvious. One of the main reasons I left the hobby by the end of 2003 until recently. Right before I left in 2003, I bought myself the x-men 1 as a parting gift since I wanted that book more than anything else back then.

thanks man! I am so glad that I decided to send them to CGC a few months back for slabbing. It is such a relief that most of the books survived well for decade(s) when I left them with relatives that tossed them in heating and laundry rooms with all kind of water and flood problems. Most of the stuff that were damaged were my X-men from 230 to 300 and other titles but I really didn't care much about those issues so they are readers now for my nephew.

I didn't realize there was a printing error on other 113 but I never really looked at another issue since I bought mine copy way back and i knew I won't likely ever need to upgrade. If anyone have a sample of this error, I would love to see it.

Nick

nice books...it is tough to get the X-men from 67 to 93 in the high grades.

I did win a 9.2 #47 for a lowest price at the Mound auction :banana:

I am trilled because that one I don't have so it is not an upgrade.