• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,689 posts in this topic

Hopefully, I'll have this in hand tomorrow courtesy of the great filter81.

Thanks Adam! (worship)

Avengers6CGC94TC.jpg

And these came in the other day from our very own paperheart. Another GREAT seller here on the boards! Green Rivers are rapidly becoming one of my favorite Peds :cloud9:

Av31GR.jpg

AV47gr.jpg

Extremely happy to pick up this raw copy today - just a terrific book:

Avengers9.jpg

:takeit:

+1

That is nice as hell! (worship)

On a HORRIBLE side note, I still don't have my Avengers 1 I bought a few weeks ago :sorry:

It was shipped and received in Buffalo on April 23rd with a expected delivery date of April 25th. May 3rd now and still no book! Tracking just says what I put in the previous sentence. I spent an hour on the phone with USPS yesterday with a supervisor and they had ZERO information for me. Said they would research it and call me today but still haven't heard anything back and no package again today :frustrated:

Wow USPS is just sooooo helpful!

They just called me and said " I understand you are looking for an undelivered package?"

I say yes and they ask my name and put me on hold. After listening to crappy music for 7 minutes, they come back and say "ok, let me look around and call you back" :eyeroll:

What the hell was the purpose of that call other than to annoy me further?!? :censored:

I had a similar problem, though not with a $5,000 book. The seller put a "6" instead of a "9" for my zip code and the package kept looping from the main P.O. in our area to the next town over from where I am. I had to call the post office in the other town, and a dedicated worker found my package and simply changed the final number in the zip and presto, my package arrived. Unbelievable!

Good luck, Jason. I hope you are able to track it down. I'd be VERY annoyed also.

Sam

Avengers9.jpg

WOW! (worship)

You know, i still need a nice #9..... :whistle:

Not quite nice enough for you, methinks - the scan doesn't show a few insignificant flaws that would bring the technical grade down. But such a lovely presenting book (and at such a lovely price, too) will always grab me.

Wow USPS is just sooooo helpful!

Hence the old joke about "Going Postal"... :frustrated:

I really hope your package arrives safely...

Avengers9.jpg

That really is a beauty. Mine is like upper low-grade and a good candidate for an eventual upgrade. Then again I got it from a zero-feedback seller on ebay, so maybe I should be amazed I got it at all. :P

533391_2909374908140_1673627641_1683495_2040797874_n.jpg

What technical flaws bring it down? It looks like a solid 9.0 (or better) to me.

Sam, there's a slight bit of top staple wear, a few speckles of foxing along the top of the back cover, and the scan flash (the book is in a Mylite2) conceals a couple of very small color breaking horizontal wrinkles along the very top edge.

Again, just the perfect book for me - presents nicer than its technical grade, has nice interiors, and at the right price. I love it.

STEVE

What technical flaws bring it down? It looks like a solid 9.0 (or better) to me.

Sam, there's a slight bit of top staple wear, a few speckles of foxing along the top of the back cover, and the scan flash (the book is in a Mylite2) conceals a couple of very small color breaking horizontal wrinkles along the very top edge.

Again, just the perfect book for me - presents nicer than its technical grade, has nice interiors, and at the right price. I love it.

STEVE

It presents very nicely, congrats on a great purchase. :applause:

On a HORRIBLE side note, I still don't have my Avengers 1 I bought a few weeks ago :sorry:

It was shipped and received in Buffalo on April 23rd with a expected delivery date of April 25th. May 3rd now and still no book! Tracking just says what I put in the previous sentence. I spent an hour on the phone with USPS yesterday with a supervisor and they had ZERO information for me. Said they would research it and call me today but still haven't heard anything back and no package again today :frustrated:

That stinks!!! Wow..I hope they find it!

NICE! Your picking up some great stuff! :applause:

Thnx Baf - I'm dealing with trusted sellers (friends, boardies, and dealers I have confidence in)... so far, so good.

:)