• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
11 11

1,731 posts in this topic

I'm NUMBER ONE!! I'm NUMBER ONE!

Check out my Registry signature banner below.

I've got the TOP collection in the Avengers #1-100 registry set!

:banana:

Of course, it helps that Gemma just created this new set, specifically at my request, and that no one else has added books to the set yet!

So I know my stay at #1 will be momentary and fleeting.

But it sure feels good while it lasts!! (thumbs u

Congrats on being #1!!!

At least for a little while.....

I'm NUMBER ONE!! I'm NUMBER ONE!

Check out my Registry signature banner below.

I've got the TOP collection in the Avengers #1-100 registry set!

:banana:

Of course, it helps that Gemma just created this new set, specifically at my request, and that no one else has added books to the set yet!

So I know my stay at #1 will be momentary and fleeting.

But it sure feels good while it lasts!! (thumbs u

Now that was just selfish. You could have PM'd me to tell me about the set and I could have been number 1 for 5 minutes before you put yours up. rantrant

BTW, kudos on getting this set created, I was just pondering a couple of days ago about the lack of Avengers # 1 - 100 set. :applause:

Now I have the fever. :headbang:

Welcome to Avengers addicts anonymous my friend. :grin:

Hello I'm Connor and I'm addicted to SA Avengers.

It's very brave of you to stand up in front of the group and tell us about yourself. The first step is that you admit you have a problem. :applause:

Hey, I'm in at number 3. :banana: :banana:

Unfortunately there are only 3 in the set. :sorry:

It was fun while it lasted... which was less than 24 hours. Ghost Town has knocked me out of first. But I didn't really deserve to be there in the first place.

It was fun while it lasted... which was less than 24 hours. Ghost Town has knocked me out of first. But I didn't really deserve to be there in the first place.

Hey, if you're gonna be knocked down by someone, it's cool that it was Ghost Town. (worship)

Hey, if you're gonna be knocked down by someone, it's cool that it was Ghost Town. (worship)

Mr. Town takes no prisoners. :gossip:

Awesome collection folks, looking at all these high grade comics makes me want to go back and reread my own collection. Unforunately it is no where near the high grade condition I am seeing here....My collection at best is only a mid grade set but I do have a few gems hidden in there.

Okay, which one you guys outbid on all those Avengers books in the Comiclink auction??? :frustrated:

Well at least I made you really pay for some of them..... :whistle:

The horror! The horror!

If it ended in a .4 or .6, and it had white pages, it went through the roof. I can't believe how many of those Avengers books DID have white pages. Nice set of books.

I had my eye on a few, and ended up picking up #39 and #90 for reasonable prices - they were both 9.2 OW/W.

Then I lost my mind and put in a strong bid on #67 -- 9.6 W, and won it. $425. Sheesh.

A 9.4 copy sold for $378 this month, so my 9.6 price wasn't out of line, but it IS $125 more than the last recorded GPA sale of a 9.6 (14 months ago).

For the past two years I had been working on my Avengers 1-200 set. I have been watching different buyers move in lately, and with them, prices have shot through the proverbial roof. I bought my first Avengers in five months just the other day. I have been putting all of my collecting dollars into pre-code horror and my Avengers run has taken a back seat for the time being. If prices keep going nuclear for 9.4 and up copies, I may be done. I could make some sweet pre-code money with some of these realized prices. The CLink prices were just nuts last week.

Scott

what the hell i'll post it here. funny thing is it's the same book in the first post of this thread.

avengers_12.JPG

Great looking copy of a book with a terrific Kirby cover. (thumbs u

thanks! it's one of my favorite SA covers of all time

Yeah, that is a cool group shot on the cover of # 12 and that is a killer copy. Congrats on a great book. (worship)