• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,123 posts in this topic

Damn man!!! You're going to have to petition CGC to increase the sig line max to fit in all your sick books!!! :applause:

Yeah mon... I have another 10 or so I would like to list :devil:

Is it wrong of me to hate you?!? hm

lol

I forgot to post this when i got it back a few weeks ago. Not in the league of rube's books but i'm not much of a DD guy. I bought this as part of a raw collection back in 02. I was a little disappointed with the grade, was hoping for at least a 6.0, but oh well still a pretty nice semi-key Marvel #1.

cgc2.jpg

Edited by sufunk

Daredevil is more than a semi-key. One of these days ole horny head will get a bump and he will rise to Iron Man and Thor status. Ten years ago both of those dudes were considered semi- keys.

IMHO, you own nice copy of the 1st app. and origin of DD....that is what matters in my bias love for DD! Great looking colors on your book.

I would love for DD to be considered more than a semi key!! But too many I'm afraid consider him a second tier Character. Maybe down the road he will get the notoriety and love that a DD fan hopes for!!

IMHO, you own nice copy of the 1st app. and origin of DD....that is what matters in my bias love for DD! Great looking colors on your book.

I would love for DD to be considered more than a semi key!! But too many I'm afraid consider him a second tier Character. Maybe down the road he will get the notoriety and love that a DD fan hopes for!!

I consider DD 1 to be a key book but them again I define keys historically rather than with popularity or monetary value.

His appearance was the last new title (February 1964) in the early Marvel Silver Age, contemporary with ASM 12 and FF 26.

The next "new" hero title, if we exclude the content change in TTA60 (July 1964), TOS 59 (August 1964), ST 135 and TTA 70 (both May 1965), is Ghost Rider 1 in December 1966.

And Marvel was a much different company in 1966. The two intervening years had provided it with industry leadership among teens and young adults and the Bullpen had markedly changed.

He just needs a real movie not starring an actor named Ben.

I thought DD was so much better when compared to his dashing role in Pearl Harbor. Helll - Oscar material compared to that farce staring Benny Boy. He was horrid in it and the movie just got under my skin upon how historically innacuarate they made that "blockbuster" love -script. To add insult to injury, of course it is one of my Wife's top five favorite love story movies. Brutal, just brutal. :makepoint:

As for what you said rodan57.....that is a very interesting take on Matt's historical significance. Works for me!! (thumbs u

Daredevil is more than a semi-key. One of these days ole horny head will get a bump and he will rise to Iron Man and Thor status. Ten years ago both of those dudes were considered semi- keys.

Not likely. Iron Man and Thor are unique characters, whereas Daredevil is a Batman clone with the actual ability of a bat. Certainly those powers are uniquely interesting, they've kept me interested since the first issue I read (DD #181). The title was close to going the way of the X-Men in the late 1960s; without Frank Miller the series almost certainly would have eventually been cancelled.