• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CL's October Golden Age auction looks to be a good one...

361 posts in this topic

I'm kind of surprised how many bids there are already on a lot of these books. Is there less sniping on Clink auctions than there is on ebay? On ebay it seems that most of the bids are in the last thirty seconds of the auction.

You're not kidding. A few hours into the auctions some of the books are already higher than I expected them to sell for (Action 5, 9, 11 for example) Still some books on my watch list though.

WOW ! 893whatthe.gif

I just looked over the bids placed so far, and man I can't believe how high some of the books are so far..

the books I'm watching are still low though cloud9.gif

Hey guys,

I've never participated in a ComicLink auction before, but I see they have a restored 4.5 Superman #6. A #6 has been one of my grails for the past several years, and it looks nice enough for the grade that I'm quite OK with the resto. I'm going to go after this book in a serious way, and will likely bid on the 2.0 #11 as well. Please PM me if you're planning to make a try for these!

they both look like nice books Jon, I hope you get one (or both), I'll be placing bids on other books, not these, so good luck.

Thanks mate. thumbsup2.gif

Since I'm in the neighborhood, what is the deal with the "straight bid" option? What reason would anyone have to hike the bid right up to their maximum? Or am I misunderstanding how it works?

You're not kidding. A few hours into the auctions some of the books are already higher than I expected them to sell for (Action 5, 9, 11 for example) Still some books on my watch list though.

WOW ! 893whatthe.gif

I just looked over the bids placed so far, and man I can't believe how high some of the books are so far..

the books I'm watching are still low though cloud9.gif

The Superman #11 is up to $3... yay.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

what is the deal with the "straight bid" option? What reason would anyone have to hike the bid right up to their maximum? Or am I misunderstanding how it works?

I think you're understanding it, but I don't get it either.

Since I'm in the neighborhood, what is the deal with the "straight bid" option? What reason would anyone have to hike the bid right up to their maximum? Or am I misunderstanding how it works?

Comiclink puts the straight bid option there in the hope someone is drinking & bidding at the same time. confused-smiley-013.gif

Comiclink puts the straight bid option there in the hope someone is drinking & bidding at the same time. confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif

Anyone here bidding on the following?

Captain America Comics #32

USA Is Ready #1

Wings Comics #93

Thrilling Comics #44

Rangers #66

I've have got my sights on them....Airborne!

I'm keeping one eye on the Thrilling #44, but I'm not really serious about it as I think it'll go for about 2K, a bit more than I want to spend at the moment. I definitely want the Thrilling #46, and perhaps the #45, as well.

I'm keeping one eye on the Thrilling #44, but I'm not really serious about it as I think it'll go for about 2K a bit more than I want to spend at the moment.

The Thrilling 44 is THE classic cover, and your estimate is a good one (I'm not going to bid on it, FYI...good luck to you, Paratrooper).

I definitely want the Thrilling #46, and perhaps the #45, as well.

Thems fightin' words, mister!

STEVE (make mine Larson)

I'm keeping one eye on the Thrilling #44, but I'm not really serious about it as I think it'll go for about 2K a bit more than I want to spend at the moment.

The Thrilling 44 is THE classic cover, and your estimate is a good one (I'm not going to bid on it, FYI...good luck to you, Paratrooper).

I definitely want the Thrilling #46, and perhaps the #45, as well.

Thems fightin' words, mister!

STEVE (make mine Larson)

sumo.gif

I wish I could afford the Action #23. That book is beautiful for a 7.0.

No doubt. What a great book, but it's far out of my price range as well. mad.gif

I'd be sleeping in the garage for sure, if I bought that book. I've already slipped a few extras into my collection without my wife's knowledge. insane.gif

#44 is one tough book. I know Thrilling #41 is a Gerber "7", but you never see this issue available either. Maybe even more so than the the #41.

I wish I could afford the Action #23. That book is beautiful for a 7.0.

No doubt. What a great book, but it's far out of my price range as well. mad.gif

I'd be sleeping in the garage for sure, if I bought that book. I've already slipped a few extras into my collection without my wife's knowledge. insane.gif

27_laughing.gif , that's the way it has to be done sometimes..

27_laughing.gif

I guess if there is a reserve and no one else is bidding --the reserve isn't met as no one is raising your bid towards your maximum. Straight bid goes right to your current max and you can see if the reserve is reached and maybe bid again and again if necessary.