• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CL's October Golden Age auction looks to be a good one...

361 posts in this topic

I won one of the books I was bidding on (Batman #28). Underbidder on 2 others (Batman #3 and #27)... and blown out of the water on the others. Pretty happy, though I am regretting putting my bids in early, I might have snagged the ones I was underbidder on with a snipe. I didnt think I was going to have internet access when the auctions were winding down, so I put my bids in a couple days ago, but here I am watching them all end.... oh well one book is better than none. smile.gif

hello all..

I got 4 of the 6 Batman I was bidding on, and was high bidder on the other 2, but I didn't get a "you won/checkout", so I assume they were reserve auctions not met (I must not have paid attention, but seem to be 2x guide on both)...there were several others I was going to bid on, but out of our price range before I had a chance to even place a bid!

rick

ps-just got notice I got the other 2 bats, so I guess they were not reserve, just slow alerting...missed out on 4 others due to prices I could not afford

My auctions don't end for another day, the ones I can afford anyway....and if it gets too high, I am cutting my losses and looking elswhere. For the life of me I can't understand why people bid so much on some of these books when they can be found cheaper elsewhere.

Brad and I looked at the scans and agreed it's the same book. I contacted Stevie B about it yesterday. He contacted the book's owner, who is contacting Comiclink today to see if the pedigree designation can be added to the auction description. The new owner will have the option of returning the book to CGC to have the pedigree designation put back on the label.

Chalk one up for the lost pedigree committee, and thanks jkrk for bringing this to our attention!

The book should get the pedigree status. that's great.

Jeff, do ypu believe the light tanning designation improved or should the notes be included on the book as well? In essence what you are doing is valuing the book at a higher grade reinstating the pedigree, and dropping the notes for the next buyer. Is that correct?

Fair question, but remember, you're comparing an old-style label to a new label. So, yes, CGC made the decision some time ago to remove such grading notes from labels, but I suspect the tanning designation would still be in CGC's notes if you called in for them.

Remember, the whole concept of the "lost pedigree committee" was to focus on returning pedigree designations to books that had lost there's, WITHOUT concerning ourselves with whether the book has been "improved" in any way.

Despite that fact, what we're doing does return a layer of transparency that was lost when the book was initially resubbed. If we can get the pedigree designation returned to the label on the Batman #43, then that book can again be traced back to its original Heritage sale, where anyone can see that this current 9.2 used to be a 9.0.

But what we're really about is maintaining the historical integrity of the pedigree. hi.gif

As promised, I did not bid on anything so everyone that won a Batman or Detective, you may have saved some money! Next one I will be passing on is the upcoming Heritage Auction.

hello all...

thanks...only 2 books in the next heritage I am interested in, and both are tecs, so good to know you are passing smile.gif

thanks

rick

hello all...

thanks...only 2 books in the next heritage I am interested in, and both are tecs, so good to know you are passing

thanks

rick

Unfortunately I'm probably interested in the same copies (except the #31) poke2.gif

hello all...

thanks...only 2 books in the next heritage I am interested in, and both are tecs, so good to know you are passing

thanks

rick

Unfortunately I'm probably interested in the same copies (except the #31) poke2.gif

hello all...

1koko, just send pm smile.gif

rick

I put a max bid of $826 on the Action #37 CGC 6.0. The book guides for $516. Josh got this book on eBay just 8 months ago for $517.50. Tonight it sold for $899.

Amazing.

Actually, I consigned that book to Josh for this auction - but it sounds right that I purchased it on ebay 8 months ago for that price (but I don't keep track so I'm not sure). How did you know - from looking at GPA? It's a very nice looking 6.0 in my opinion.

-Peter