• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any One Interested in a MYSTERY IN SPACE Collecting Thread?

648 posts in this topic

that makes you a covetter

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors comics"

Guilty. But if one doesn't say he covets thy neighbors comics then thy neighbor will never know that they are coveted.

I covet a certain "mile high" Centaur!!!!! :cloud9:

I'd post it but this is the wrong thread.

Bethlehem copy.

MIS30.jpg

That's a classic Gil Kane alien / hi tech cover. Great stuff! :applause:

Two other collectors and I almost purchased a large grouping of 50s DCs from the Bethlehem Collection including Mystery in Space, Brave and Bold, Strange Adventures, My Greatest Adventure, early Flash's and some other books.

Ultimately it came to naught and Rob Ronin picked them up and sold them through VIA Collectibles, which he had set up with Jason Ewert and Tom Brulato. I managed to get a few books from them but was unable to pick up many of the books I had really wanted.

1997 or so? I was very busy at work in the late 90s and it's all pretty much a blur. :blush:

The books came from Phil Weiss who was one of 3 individuals who split up the Bethlehem collection and were books that he had held since the original deal.

My two MIS pride and joys

IMG00181-20101214-2052.jpg

IMG00179-20101214-2050.jpg

Check out Sean and his silver age! (thumbs u Beauties, both of them.

My two MIS pride and joys

IMG00181-20101214-2052.jpg

IMG00179-20101214-2050.jpg

Check out Sean and his silver age! (thumbs u Beauties, both of them.

Have you (Sean) thought about getting them signed by Infantino as well?

Bethlehem copy.

MIS30.jpg

That's a classic Gil Kane alien / hi tech cover. Great stuff! :applause:

Two other collectors and I almost purchased a large grouping of 50s DCs from the Bethlehem Collection including Mystery in Space, Brave and Bold, Strange Adventures, My Greatest Adventure, early Flash's and some other books.

Ultimately it came to naught and Rob Ronin picked them up and sold them through VIA Collectibles, which he had set up with Jason Ewert and Tom Brulato. I managed to get a few books from them but was unable to pick up many of the books I had really wanted.

I am a big fan of the Bethlehems - what a nice bunch of books.

Funny thing about this cover is that when it was reprinted in the 70s (in Strange Adventures, I think), the cover showed IZEN-HOWER replaced by NIX-EON!