• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

Okay, did a boardie when this comic tonight. It was one of Adam's and I think it went off at a deal. I was the underbidder. I either cost someone two grand or made Adam 2 grand. Either way I am bummed. I was trying to win my first 1930s book.

I was concerned about it being Ep but I of course I wanted it none the less.

Adventure 40 on Ebay

Adv40.jpg

Here is your big chance to get it back :whee:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280626976525&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Just bought this off eBay. Love that the cover art is unaffected because its my favorite cover of the run.

adv71.jpg

That's a cool book! It looks like the cover received some inspiration from the Universal Mummy movies that were popular at the time.

Congrats! :applause:

Okay, did a boardie when this comic tonight. It was one of Adam's and I think it went off at a deal. I was the underbidder. I either cost someone two grand or made Adam 2 grand. Either way I am bummed. I was trying to win my first 1930s book.

I was concerned about it being Ep but I of course I wanted it none the less.

Adventure 40 on Ebay

Adv40.jpg

Here is your big chance to get it back :whee:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280626976525&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

He did not even change the ad. Is this legit or is it a swipe?

finally recieved a book i have been waiting a bit for. :banana:

its low grade and unrestored except for the tape on the spine.

this cover is my favourite of all the GA covers actually.

i love the colors and the movment of it but mainily i love its simplicity. like a lot of the pre-hero adventure covers really....

damn hard to find too :sumo:

i hope you enjoy it as much as i do :grin:

na25d.jpg

One of the dumbest moves I made in this hobby the last few years was selling off my nice mid-grade NA 18. So tonight, I followed sound advice to MAN-UP. Seriously. My bid was at double Overstreet. Thankfully, it didn't get anywhere near that.

112277.jpg.ce31deca2cc0c706f513a0da97259c22.jpg

One of the dumbest moves I made in this hobby the last few years was selling off my nice mid-grade NA 18. So tonight, I followed sound advice to MAN-UP. Seriously. My bid was at double Overstreet. Thankfully, it didn't get anywhere near that.

Nice work. Craig Flessel is in my top 5 early Golden Age artists. Really special stuff. (thumbs u

Is rarity (and the Action 1 ad) really that critical when determining value on these two that closed tonight:

New Adventure Comics #18, CGC Universal 3.5 = $638

New Adventure Comics #26, CGC Universal 1.0 = $7,956

That and the fact that NA 26 is one of the most highly sought after covers by Flessel.

Looks like a supercaliforniasuferexpertattheocean :applause:

112277.jpg

112277.jpg

i remember your copy...

that was my old na18 and i am very disappointed it didnt get anywhere near double guide :cry:

im glad it went to you though!

first surfing cover :headbang:

Is rarity (and the Action 1 ad) really that critical when determining value on these two that closed tonight:

That and the fact that NA 26 is one of the most highly sought after covers by Flessel.

one of MY biggest regrets was selling the NA26 8.0SP copy (2 twice :shy: )

so i HAD to win this! :banana: :banana: :banana:

RADE49DA2011421_162640.jpg

Wow Ben, that's a big time move - I loved that book when I first saw it. :headbang:

Are you going to leave it in the slab or get it restored? So pretty either way...

Congratulations Ben! :applause: