• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

As a run...the early "More Fun" books would have to be considered more difficult. I think some of the Adventure books we never see very often on the Boards (and rare) would be the "New Comics" and earlier "New Adventure Comics" with the previous style logo that preceded issue #15. Who has copies of those????? I for one, would love to see a few scans of those books. hm

Edit: Talking about "New Adventure" here...not the Double-Action #2.

Which ones would you like to see?

As a run...the early "More Fun" books would have to be considered more difficult. I think some of the Adventure books we never see very often on the Boards (and rare) would be the "New Comics" and earlier "New Adventure Comics" with the previous style logo that preceded issue #15. Who has copies of those????? I for one, would love to see a few scans of those books. hm

(worship)

na12 and 13 please. :wishluck:

Edited by swapto

(worship)

Yes, I'd love to see a scan of NA #12 & #13, also New Comics #2. :wishluck:

if you are not including ashcans, giveaways and cover variants - some DC books i have not seen too many of for sale include:

tec3 + 5

MF35 + 40 + 45

new adventure 12 + 13 + 15

Here are a couple of those:

Those pre-hero More Fun covers are just fantastic...love them!!!! :applause:

This thread has got me thinking about the copy of The Big Book of Fun Comics my friend Jeff R. showed me. It's his claim that it's one of the rarest DCs.

Probably true - Heritage had a nice copy fairly recently, would like to get me one of those.

if you are not including ashcans, giveaways and cover variants - some DC books i have not seen too many of for sale include:

tec3 + 5

MF35 + 40 + 45

^^

tec3 + 5

MF35 + 40 + 45

(worship) Both books are beautiful and rare.

Love the More Fun # 35 .Great design , color, etc..

(worship)

Here you go. I'm not sure why the scans got blotchy when I resized them.

112321.jpg.99cac83d6ef6b7ea54f8d20912610168.jpg

112322.jpg.75b8e93ec6408ab108918b192b846d37.jpg

Two absolutely wonderful books that are very rarely seen!!

:golfclap::golfclap:

Thanks Steve, and thanks to the others who posted comments regarding the Tec 5 and MF 35. These pre-hero DC's have always held a special place in my collector's heart.

Beautiful books!

Moiré pattern

a moiré pattern (play /mwɑˈreɪ/; French: [mwaʁe]) is an interference pattern created, for example, when two grids are overlaid at an angle, or when they have slightly different mesh sizes,

Moiré patterns are often an undesired artifact of images produced by various digital imaging and computer graphics techniques, for example when scanning a halftone picture or ray tracing a checkered plane (the latter being a special case of aliasing, due to undersampling a fine regular pattern)

Some image scanner driver programs provide an optional filter, called a "descreen" filter, to remove Moiré-pattern artifacts which would otherwise be produced when scanning printed halftone images to produce digital images