• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

Is rarity (and the Action 1 ad) really that critical when determining value on these two that closed tonight:

New Adventure Comics #18, CGC Universal 3.5 = $638

New Adventure Comics #26, CGC Universal 1.0 = $7,956

That and the fact that NA 26 is one of the most highly sought after covers by Flessel.

one of MY biggest regrets was selling the NA26 8.0SP copy (2 twice :shy: )

so i HAD to win this! :banana: :banana: :banana:

RADE49DA2011421_162640.jpg

Well done buddy (thumbs u

Is rarity (and the Action 1 ad) really that critical when determining value on these two that closed tonight:

That and the fact that NA 26 is one of the most highly sought after covers by Flessel.

Love the pre-hero DC's. :cloud9:

Aha! So you're the one who won the book.. I was actually the underbidder and lost :cry: Congrats on a nice pick-up! Glad it went to a boardie :applause:

Aha! So you're the one who won the book.. I was actually the underbidder and lost :cry: Congrats on a nice pick-up! Glad it went to a boardie :applause:

Aha, so you're the one who drove up the price... (thumbs u

:jokealert:

Aha, so you're the one who drove up the price... (thumbs u

don't be fooled B...brian has been out to get you for years...YEARS!!! I tell you...it is a conspiracy...he ate your goat

So is this really THE toughest DC book?

nope. but it doesn't come up for sale too often (thumbs u

nope. but it doesn't come up for sale too often (thumbs u

That's quite the book, congrats swapto! :applause:

Unreal that there is only a mere two universal copies graded. :o

nope, not by a long shot...there are lots of tougher books, but in much less collected titles (buzzy, funny stuff, comic calvacade, etc)...ever since Ian publicized this issue so much, I bet we have seen 6-10 copies trade hands... jus sometimes takes some big $ to make folks shake some out (all this my opinion of course)

nope, not by a long shot...there are lots of tougher books, but in much less collected titles (buzzy, funny stuff, comic calvacade, etc)...ever since Ian publicized this issue so much, I bet we have seen 6-10 copies trade hands... jus sometimes takes some big $ to make folks shake some out (all this my opinion of course)

Rick, in your opinon, what is the toughest single DC (other than ashcans)? Would Double Action 2 be up there?

As a run...the early "More Fun" books would have to be considered more difficult. I think some of the Adventure books we never see very often on the Boards (and rare) would be the "New Comics" and earlier "New Adventure Comics" with the previous style logo that preceded issue #15. Who has copies of those????? I for one, would love to see a few scans of those books. hm

Edit: Talking about "New Adventure" here...not the Double-Action #2.

Edited by Blind Owl

Yeah, I think even Ian acknowledged that NA 26 wasn`t the rarest DC book. It just happened to be the hardest one for him to get.

Amazing--a few years ago, Ian would`ve walked on burning coals to find a copy of NA 26. Now it can be bought on Comiclink.

ian paid $8000 for his VG copy. i think it was from harley yee...

other than the copy on heritage back in 2006 the comiclink copy is the only copy i have seen come to public auction.

I think some of the Adventure books we never see very often on the Boards (and rare) would be the "New Comics" and earlier "New Adventure Comics" with the previous style logo that preceded issue #15. Who has copies of those????? I for one, would love to see a few scans of those books. hm

as my run will only consist of issues 12-39 my only contribution to your request is this beautiful #14

CHV-179.jpg