• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

The cover makes me curious if the boy was some kind of pre-Robin sidekick...

I interpreted the boy as representing a typical American boy reader who would join the Club. Perhaps RHG can shed some light?

adamstrange is right (as usual). There were no boy sidekicks in the Federal Men stories.

I'm looking at a collection tomorrow that has a New Adv #22. Hopefully I'll have a scan in the next few days. :wishluck:

Small piece at top rt fc appears to be lightly glued back in place, top staple detached from cover.

Low grade but obviously a tough book to find in any grade.

newadv22.jpg

A quick story about New Comics #1 that I picked up from an auctioneer in 1986 while I lived in Bakersfield CA.

I had shopped the comic around for trade of a low grade Batman #1. The New Comics #1 was a solid VF (yes it was) but had a top staple pull. This is a 3 staple comic.

At the time I contacted Fantasia (at the time he seemed legit) and we worked a deal for a 2.0 Bat #1 in even trade. I shipped the New Comics 1 and about 10 days later a mangled restored Batman 1 in 1.0 showed up.

I returned the Batman 1 expecting to get my comic back but a couple days later Fishler calls me and offers $1800. Guide was $1200 so I accepted.

I don't know how it went from Dupcak to Fishler and at the time didn't bother to ask

I'm looking at a collection tomorrow that has a New Adv #22. Hopefully I'll have a scan in the next few days. :wishluck:

Small piece at top rt fc appears to be lightly glued back in place, top staple detached from cover.

newadv22.jpg

A quick story about New Comics #1 that I picked up from an auctioneer in 1986 while I lived in Bakersfield CA.

I had shopped the comic around for trade of a low grade Batman #1. The New Comics #1 was a solid VF (yes it was) but had a top staple pull. This is a 3 staple comic.

At the time I contacted Fantasia (at the time he seemed legit) and we worked a deal for a 2.0 Bat #1 in even trade. I shipped the New Comics 1 and about 10 days later a mangled restored Batman 1 in 1.0 showed up.

I returned the Batman 1 expecting to get my comic back but a couple days later Fishler calls me and offers $1800. Guide was $1200 so I accepted.

I don't know how it went from Dupcak to Fishler and at the time didn't bother to ask

Can't remember when someone posted a copy of this issue before? Nice.

newadv22.jpg

NA #22 is one of the tougher issues (several NAs seem to be scarce). Cool story about the New Comics #1.

newadv22.jpg

NA #22 is one of the tougher issues (several NAs seem to be scarce). Cool story about the New Comics #1.

i have seen a few low grade copies of late. but try finding one in mid to high grade.... impossible!

peter? :shy:

Btw., thanks for the scans RHG. The New Adventure 16 is my own favorite: the combination of date, grade and rarity makes it even more appealing to me than the two other books (as incredible as they are). The cover makes me curious if the boy was some kind of pre-Robin sidekick...

I don 't have the comic... :sorry:

But I've got a nice example of the pin! (thumbs u

i have seen a few low grade copies of late. but try finding one in mid to high grade.... impossible!

You mean like a Church copy?

112391.jpg.f53a3cf82084c098d84f85cc336e90ba.jpg

You mean like a Church copy?

Oh ok doh!

9.6 NA 22. No big deal

Can I request to see that one in person this year? :wishluck: