• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes TV show

824 posts in this topic

The posters on the 9th wonders web sites have all sorts of interesting possibilities. A tad over done, but it makes for good entertainment. For example:

[*]What was the significance of the watch/time when Suresh saw his father killed in his dream? Is there a further tie in with Hiro on this? Will his dad be saved by Hiro in the future, since his studies are important to the survival of the Heroes.

[*]The markings apparent on all of the Heroes means what exactly?

Claire's dad knows she will die because it's painted. He's not necessarily from the future.

Remember the guy who's like Rogue completed the painting in the lower right corner that shows her with part of her skull missing.

He said "She will die next week at the homecoming."....did the painting indicate homecoming?

Gang, not to be a killjoy....but we only need one Heroes thread...can we create one and agree to add to it? This is like the 4th one so far.

The posters on the 9th wonders web sites have all sorts of interesting possibilities. A tad over done, but it makes for good entertainment. For example:

[*]What was the significance of the watch/time when Suresh saw his father killed in his dream? Is there a further tie in with Hiro on this? Will his dad be saved by Hiro in the future, since his studies are important to the survival of the Heroes.

Not sure what it means but the date on the watch is the 28th and the time is 11:52.

[*]The markings apparent on all of the Heroes means what exactly?

That "S" marking is also in the CTAG matrix that keeps scrolling on Suresh's dad's computer. It's formed by the pattern by the pattern of the blanks.

Claire's dad knows she will die because it's painted. He's not necessarily from the future.

Remember the guy who's like Rogue completed the painting in the lower right corner that shows her with part of her skull missing.

He said "She will die next week at the homecoming."....did the painting indicate homecoming?

Gang, not to be a killjoy....but we only need one Heroes thread...can we create one and agree to add to it? This is like the 4th one so far.

The painting showed her in her cheerleading uniform... It also showed her in the gymnasium.. ostensibly at night due to the lighting.

[*]Sylar is seen (vaguely in shadows) and his motives are clear: destroy heroes.

Someone suggested earlier that Sylar could be Peter from the future who has absorbed others powers permantenly. Thanks to a big screen HDTV and a nice DVR I could tell the guy who is playing Sylar in this episode and in next weeks (from the teaser) is not Peter.

[*]Hiro steps up to the plate to prevent new heroes death (see final shot).

I think this goes beyond the obvious and is really to set up the concept of a temporal rift (like he mentioned to Peter). When Hiro jumps out he leaves Ando stranded in another timestream. I think they will follow up on this.

[*]Claire's foster dad KNOWS she dies at the homecoming dance...curious it seems he is from the future as well...anyway he is acting like he's been here done that. I'm wondering why he just can't keep her from the homecoming dance...duh.

I don't think he from the future I just think he is eyes work. All he has to do is look a the pictures and know it's his daughter.

The markings apparent on all of the Heroes means what exactly?

Aren't the markings the first indication that the heroes are not simply the next step in the evolutionary process, but that the powers were given to them by someone, or some organization? Perhaps the Haitian dude that's referred to is involved in giving them their powers.

Aren't the markings the first indication that the heroes are not simply the next step in the evolutionary process, but that the powers were given to them by someone, or some organization? Perhaps the Haitian dude that's referred to is involved in giving them their powers.

Personally I don't think he is "giving" them powers, but triggering something that is within them. Otherwise, why would he choose the people that he does?

Personally I don't think he is "giving" them powers, but triggering something that is within them. Otherwise, why would he choose the people that he does?

Like seedling activator Christine Trelane from Stormwatch. (able at a touch to activate and deactivate latent psionic abilities in people.)

The Haitian guy can also mindwipe people though, can't he?

I think the tattoed markings are not only a symbol that that person has a "super power" but that when all the "heroes" are together they will have a meaning in there totallity...in other words...if you notice the mind reader and the radioactive dude both had the same markings...yet Nikki's double has a larger more prominant marking...

I think it's kind of like an anagram that will be deciphered in maybe the next episode... makepoint.gif

But there are other markins too right? So the telepathy and the radioactive guy have the double slash things, and the Dirty Stripper has that S shaped tattoo. But don't Peter and Hiro have different markings?

But there are other markins too right? So the telepathy and the radioactive guy have the double slash things, and the Dirty Stripper has that S shaped tattoo. But don't Peter and Hiro have different markings?

Yup...and put them all together then you have the answer as to how to save the cheerleader... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yup...and put them all together then you have the answer as to how to save the cheerleader... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought it was more like a "amount of work done" marking.

The full symbol is two marks, an S-shape in the middle, with a third mark on the bottom opposite side.

The stripper has the full symbol... but the telepath and radioactive guy only have the two marks.

Their marks are part of the full mark, they just don't have the S-shape and the third line yet.

Not to get off track here...

Heard on the radio that Heroes has FALLEN out of the top TWENTY neilsen ratings. frown.gif

Guess I'm not alone in thinking it's a little slow on action - I KNOW it's a good plot/story etc., just saying. wink.gif

Not to get off track here...

Heard on the radio that Heroes has FALLEN out of the top TWENTY neilsen ratings. frown.gif

Guess I'm not alone in thinking it's a little slow on action - I KNOW it's a good plot/story etc., just saying. wink.gif

Not too surprising given how slow it has been lately. This was the first week in a while that has had a lot of plot development. Hopefully next week will have a lot of stuff going on.