• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes TV show

824 posts in this topic

Well, Sylar may be gone and locked up now but I think they are moving towards a new story arch. Sylar will be out and up to no-good again I'm sure.

I did notice that last nights episode was not written by Kring or Chaidez, or Loeb for that matter. Kring and Loeb have worked together before on Teen Wolf Too.

I really wish that Loeb would use his "Executive Producer" status a little more as a writer for this show as I believe that last nights episode was more filler than anything.

I really wish that Loeb would use his "Executive Producer" status a little more as a writer for this show as I believe that last nights episode was more filler than anything.

Doesn't work that way...

Well, didn't Niki shoot the phasing dad at the end of the last two episodes? Perhaps next week's episode will finally start with him falling over dead....

I think with his "power" the bullet will pass through him and he will be unharmed.

Yeah, if he knows it's coming. Niki even stated "he won't know what hit him"...and that's how he will die.

Yeah, last night's episode was good, and filler at the same time. They've tortued us for the last 8 episodes or so for us to get to know these characters, so some of the backstories help round out chracter's motivations that may lead to other future story arcs. Using time travel in the way Hiro did was a good way to provide these arcs as well as explain how the past "is set in stone and cannot be changed"...which will be used when something we know Hiro doesn't like happens.

Sylar's origins were great and helped to provide insight on why he's doing what he is doing....it looks like he is growing increasingly insane/unstable over time.

I still for the life of me don't understand how saving the cheerleader saved the world though.

Doesn't work that way...

I know it doesn't work that way... I'm just saying that Loeb should write for this show more as he has written for it already. Kring is an EP on this show also and has written 4 of the episodes. Loeb could do the same.

Sylar's origins were great and helped to provide insight on why he's doing what he is doing....it looks like he is growing increasingly insane/unstable over time.

I still for the life of me don't understand how saving the cheerleader saved the world though.

This is what I take on Sylar. Am I right on this.....

He is able to hear the variances in brainwaves and that is what makes someone a superhero. These variances in the brain able you to have superpowers.

He opens the victims brains and is able to obtain that hero's power.

I belive its one of those domino-effect things. Saving the cheerleader doesn't immediately save the world (which would only make sense if she had a super power that was holding the world together or something...), but in rescuing her, a chain of events will precipiate forth which will prevent the atomic weapons going off. Or...the other option is that the cheerleader's death caused a series of events to unfold leading to the mushroom cloud (such as her dad taking his obsession further....). However, if it were this latter option, we wouldn't know the effect since that chain of events won't take place, and it would be less cool for the viewer. Plus you can't change the past supposedly. confused-smiley-013.gif

I belive its one of those domino-effect things. Saving the cheerleader doesn't immediately save the world (which would only make sense if she had a super power that was holding the world together or something...), but in rescuing her, a chain of events will precipiate forth which will prevent the atomic weapons going off. Or...the other option is that the cheerleader's death caused a series of events to unfold leading to the mushroom cloud (such as her dad taking his obsession further....). However, if it were this latter option, we wouldn't know the effect since that chain of events won't take place, and it would be less cool for the viewer. Plus you can't change the past supposedly. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ok, let's examine the paradox of time travel for a moment.

Hiro initially went into the future and witnessed the destruction of NY. At the moment that he is witnessing the destruction everything prior to that moment is in "the past" and if "the past" can not be changed, how is saving the cheerleader or anyone else going to change "the future".

I really dislike time travelling stories as time does not exist and time travel will never EVER be possible.

Sure it's an interesting fantasy, but it will never come to be.

For any of you who want to flamed.gif me for saying time travel will never be possible... I have one question for you...

Have you ever met anyone from the future? 'nuff said.

No, of course time travel isn't possible, but as fantasy it can make for good stories. I don't believe that a man can fly either - or in superheroes in general - but I enjoy comic books and it's fun to suspend disbelief and pretend.

I really dislike time travelling stories as time does not exist and time travel will never EVER be possible.

if we can think it up we can make it happen

893blahblah.gif

I know, I know... Anything that is "science fiction" will one day be "science reality"

I think it was Bradbury that said that anything that the human mind can imagine will one day happen.

893blahblah.gif

I suppose dragons existed (or will) and Paris Hilton is famous for other things besides a video tape. thumbsup2.gif

Nonsense.

For example, I'm thinking right now about something having to do with Jessica Alba, but I'm pretty confident that it ain't ever gonna happen.

Nonsense.

For example, I'm thinking right now about something having to do with Jessica Alba, but I'm pretty confident that it ain't ever gonna happen.

I did for me. yay.gif

I loved the episode.

Who dies next week? There was a HUGE clue in last week's episode. Im not sure if i should post it because i would basically be telling you who dies but at the same time it's not a spoiler because i haven't read anything to say this will happen.

What should i do? confused.gif