• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes TV show

824 posts in this topic

So, I recently watched season 1 of Heroes (I know, I've been living under a rock), and I loved it. It was slow-starting, but it kept me interested at the end of each episode. I was fortunate to watch it all without having to wait week to week. Job well done! (thumbs u

Season 2 started out slower than Season 1, but again, I didn't mind it. It got better as the season went on, but it did take about 5 or 6 episodes to start getting considerably better. It ended way to early, and that was unfortunately due to the writer's strike. I did like the last few episodes and I was left thirsty for more.

Is there any word now on when we can expect Season 3 to begin? Has the writer's strike been resolved? As you can tell, this show really captured me and I'm excited for more. :popcorn:

Andy

Strike is over but there will be no new Heroes episodes until the fall. Then hopefully a complete uninterupted season.

Rick, do you know how much it took for me to resist that? I promised myself I would be on my best behavior in this thread. (so thank you for saying it for me. heh).

-- Joanna

That's where you messed up, sweetness; I NEVER promise to be on my best behavior. Makes life a lot easier simpler. ;)

And sorry about not replying sooner; this thread must've dropped off the 1st page after my posting and, well, you know...outta sight, outta mind!

Rick

That sucks big time - nothing until September? Most of the other "Big" shows got back on their feet quickly - why not Heroes? I was hoping for a full season that went through the summer, but I guess not. :P

From spinoffonline.com

It’s Official: NBC Cancels Heroes

NBC ended months of speculation this afternoon by announcing the cancellation of Heroes after four seasons.

Although the fate of the superhero drama seemed sealed by plummeting ratings — less than 5 million viewers tuned in for February’s Season 4 finale, down from about 17 million in Season 2 — there was an outside chance the show could be brought back for a 13-episode wrap-up or a two- or four-hour movie. But The Live Feed reports that the ratings decline, combined with high production costs and the number of hour-long shows on the network’s fall schedule, dashed the possibility of a return.

Created by Tim Kring, Heroes premiered in September 2006, quickly becoming one of the most-discussed shows of the season. Despite numerous Emmy and Golden Globe nominations, the series steadily lost viewers and, some would argue, direction. Season 2 was cut short by the Writers Guild of America strike, and Heroes never seemed to regain its momentum.

I didn't think it was too smart to cast T-Bag as the "sympathetic" bad guy for Season Four, so soon after Prison Break ended at Season Four too. :makepoint:

My husband and I had this exact same reaction when we saw him on Heroes (both having been regular Prison Break watchers). It was too weird :screwy:

Not a surprise. They "jumped the shark" in Season 2.

I just got into "True Blood" on HBO recently. Much, much better.

My dad loves True Blood & keeps telling me I should watch it. It sounds like it's worth a view....

Check it out. So far, so good. (thumbs u

I've become more pragmatic about shows I like getting canceled. One, it's only a TV show. Two, there will be others. Three, we watch too much TV anyway.

The last show that I was truly angry about being canceled was Enterprise. It was just starting to come into it's own and one more season wouldn't have killed the studio.

Other than that, it's just TV.

I've become more pragmatic about shows I like getting canceled. One, it's only a TV show. Two, there will be others. Three, we watch too much TV anyway.

The last show that I was truly angry about being canceled was Enterprise. It was just starting to come into it's own and one more season wouldn't have killed the studio.

Other than that, it's just TV.

I'll miss Heroes....*sniff*

They got me SO confused with the future stuff that I was waiting for them to explain...

Quick, someone with a good imagination who likes to write, invent a cool ending;)