• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL 76 -- HG Prices Still Going Up

2,418 posts in this topic

So anyone else notice that a second 9.8 has surfaced in the May Clink auction?

can the sound of the buyer of the 1st 9.8 screaming be heard in the vacuum of space? at least that copy was purportedly an OO copy that wasn't pressed. what's the likelihood that this wasn't originally a 9.6 that was squished?

Never mind the 1st 9.8 buyer, the guy who should really be screaming is the guy who bought the 1st 9.6 off of CC. I think when all is said and done the value of his book will have declined around 66%.

can the sound of the buyer of the 1st 9.8 screaming be heard in the vacuum of space? at least that copy was purportedly an OO copy that wasn't pressed. what's the likelihood that this wasn't originally a 9.6 that was squished?

Never mind the 1st 9.8 buyer, the guy who should really be screaming is the guy who bought the 1st 9.6 off of CC. I think when all is said and done the value of his book will have declined around 66%.

:eek:

I revel in and dread the notion that these boards had alot to do with the HG myth of this book.

This thread has been going on for years now. We've all suspected that uber-HG copies existed. Still, under average for surrounding issues though.

What's true HG for this book? 9.4 or 9.6?

unless the owner maximizes it's potential. i'm pretty confident serpi didn't squeeze it

I revel in and dread the notion that these boards had alot to do with the HG myth of this book.

This thread has been going on for years now. We've all suspected that uber-HG copies existed. Still, under average for surrounding issues though.

unless the owner maximizes it's potential. i'm pretty confident serpi didn't squeeze it

He bought it from Ewert. It was already maximized.

Anyways, at the rate things are going, I`m not even sure he would get $30K for a 9.8.

I have to admit, I`m one of those who started to believe in the myth, when even 5-figure sales weren`t driving more 9.4 copies out of the woodworks and certainly no more 9.6 copies were appearing.

It seemed like the $30K sale of Joe`s 9.6 copy was the inflection point. It`s like $10-15K for a 9.4 copy wasn`t even enough to pry copies out of collections, but $30K for a 9.6 suddenly was enough "real money" to cause these owners to finally cash in.

Wow. I was looking at GPA last night and 8.5s are $1000+ books steadily now, with 8.0s topping $800. While prices are falling at the top end where the BSDs play, the collectors are still supporting lofty levels for more attainable grades.

Wow. I was looking at GPA last night and 8.5s are $1000+ books steadily now, with 8.0s topping $800. While prices are falling at the top end where the BSDs play, the collectors are still supporting lofty levels for more attainable grades.

Those will start to go down as well. Once 9.4s are selling for $2-3K, there is no way that 8.5s will still be $1000+ books.

Those will start to go down as well. Once 9.4s are selling for $2-3K, there is no way that 8.5s will still be $1000+ books.

I don't see this book going down anytime soon. (shrug)

You're joking, right? 9.4s were $15K+ 2 years ago and are now selling in the $5-6K range. 9.6s started at $35K 2 years ago and are now sub $10K. We'll see how the 9.8 tier holds up when the current CL auction ends tomorrow.

You're joking, right? 9.4s were $15K+ 2 years ago and are now selling in the $5-6K range. 9.6s started at $35K 2 years ago and are now sub $10K. We'll see how the 9.8 tier holds up when the current CL auction ends tomorrow.

I understand a market correction,but do you think 9.4s are really going to drop to 2-3K? (shrug)

I understand a market correction,but do you think 9.4s are really going to drop to 2-3K? (shrug)

Let's just say I don't see much reason for the downward momentum to stop now. I think they will "correct" down to what they were selling for back in the '04-'05 time frame, which is around $3K. Just my 2c

Let's just say I don't see much reason for the downward momentum to stop now. I think they will "correct" down to what they were selling for back in the '04-'05 time frame, which is around $3K. Just my 2c

:o God forbid! Let's hope not. :eek:

:o God forbid! Let's hope not. :eek:

:wishluck: I could use a nice high grade

He bought it from Ewert. It was already maximized.

Anyways, at the rate things are going, I`m not even sure he would get $30K for a 9.8.

I sold my GL 76 9.4 to Bronze Bruce who sold it to Ewert...I wonder if that was my copy.....It was the first copy to be graded 9.4, so I suspect it was....

It's going to take me awhile to absorb this........ :cry:

Ok is it official now? This is the most overrated BA book out there.