• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

would be awesome if we could pinpoint down "the" first dc book church bought, just from a historical standpoint!

it has also been my experience that church books, even with the super minor color touch, seem to sell at the same level as if it didn't have the color touch, so I suspect in a 7.0 slight , or in a 6.5 blue, it is still a killer book

but wonder 1 gets from me!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doe anyone have the link for the Church pedigree listing. Was the MF 14 the oldest book on the list?

I don't know which book I would choose. The WM 1 sold for a somewhat higher price. Neither book is particularly liquid. I always wanted a Church book and so my mission is accomplished. Did I pay too much? wouldn't be the first time nor the last. Over time (with all the sales to you ) I own the books for almost nothing. lol:baiting:

What I know, If anyone wants the Church MF 14 there aren't many places to acquire the copy. So I'm happy with it.

J- are you saying you own that MF 14... cool :golfclap:

Yes, but you didn't say anything about the Superman 14 I picked up from Fank (thank you) (the Hitman) in VF- ? :banana:

Frank from Delaware?...he is one of my oldest customers...bought toys and comics from me in the mid 90's! will have to check it out

PM me his email, if you don't mind :wishluck:

would be awesome if we could pinpoint down "the" first dc book church bought, just from a historical standpoint!

More Fun 12 and 13 (8-9/36) were both on the list, so there are at least two earlier More Fun's.

New Comics #5 and #6 (6/-7/36) are the oldest DC's I can find referenced though.

Most likely all four of those were acquired secondhand, so the real question might be which was the first newsstand purchase.

2 GA dream books....can't go wrong either way. Both sold for around $85,000.

Which one would you choose, and why ????

Batman 1. Although the More Fun is super cool, look at my handle. That 8.0 is very clean and a dream book to be sure. Batman is a more "main stream" title with a huge following so long term valuation will probably be better. For me, I find Batman 1 to be one of the best Batman covers from the Golden-Age even though it is pretty simplistic, it has great form.

Bat #1 - 2 reasons:

1.) Like Batman and Joker better than Spectre

2.) Better investment potential - more important characters (Batman and Joker) and so rare in high grade.

(thumbs u

Outside of the GA , Spectre isnt even a 2nd tier character ...

2 GA dream books....can't go wrong either way. Both sold for around $85,000.

Which one would you choose, and why ????

For me, I find Batman 1 to be one of the best Batman covers from the Golden-Age even though it is pretty simplistic, it has great form.

(worship) (worship) I completely agree.

naturally, from a personal desire, batman 1...from an investment potential, batman 1...from a coolness GA flavor factor, still batman 1....but holy cow, batman, I really dig that MF 52.,...so, I'll take both

Batman 1 because that's a great copy and would look good on my wall! Also because even though MF 52s graded are less than 1/5 the number of graded Batman #1s, there's more than 5 times the interest in all early Batman issues.

Long term potential sees much higher for the Batman, plus it's a great, classic cover with universal appeal...as opposed to the more limited MF appeal. My friends would have no idea who the Spectre is but everyone knows Batman.

Marvel Comics #1 over the Batman #1.

MC1 is much rarer in any grade and I could find a 6.0 copy of Batman #1 that would make me happy in the future.

this is a common misconception that I have noticed, largely, I guess, do to the overall #'s of available batman 1 vs marvel1...but, in looking at the census, there are 10 copies of Marvel 1,in cgc 6.0 and above...there are only 15 copies of batman 1 in cgc 6.0 and above...so, I would say that yes, Marvel comics is "rarer", but not by as much as some folks think, if we are being grade conscious...