• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

My Superman # 1 is actually the 3rd highest graded on the census !

I am 100% in agreement with you..sure, the AT Tec 38 is "unique" but there are a LOT of tec 38's out there that for a lot less money, would make you happy...there are virtually NO SM 1 in 6.0 and above...you made the RIGHT choice P!

My Superman # 1 is actually the 3rd highest graded on the census !

I am 100% in agreement with you..sure, the AT Tec 38 is "unique" but there are a LOT of tec 38's out there that for a lot less money, would make you happy...there are virtually NO SM 1 in 6.0 and above...you made the RIGHT choice P!

It would be a tough call for me. I agree that there are not a lot, or virtually no, copies of Supes 1 in 6.0 and above. However, there are not too many Allentown big keys floating around either.

Not sure what I would have done.

allentown tec 38...only one of those...there are other action 7's (though I might never see another one!)

Well, it looks like a clean sweep for the Allentown copy of 'Tec 38 so far.

A little surprsiing considering all the Robin haters on the boards here. Even more so when you consider how common the 'Tec 38 is in comparison to the Action 7.

I guess it must have something to do with the high price the Action 7 was able to get in this go round, relative to its perceived market value. hm

I'll take the Action #7. To me Tec's went from one of most desirable books (pre-Robin days of course) but when Robin came on board they ruined the franchise. Would be like Rambo coming out of the closet (not that there is anything wrong with that) and making a non violent Rambo 4 movie.

action 1 (and I am still kicking myself in the arse for not cut bidding!)...why, because it is action 1 and I could never afford a copy that looks that nice, any other way than restored...

Action 1, that copy looks pretty darn nice. As a side note, Marty Hayes had a copy of Action 1 that looked very similar back in 1988. He was asking $25k for it so it is about a 3x increase in about 20 years. How good of an investment was this versus and unrestored copy?