• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USER ID DISCLOSURE...WHO ARE YOU?

644 posts in this topic

Hello all,

My name is Andrew (Andy) Greenham. I'm from London, Ontario, Canada. I'm 34 years old. I work at Forest City Coins, my dad's shop, (est. 1964) buying and selling coins, stamps, militaria, and comics. We've also been mounting military medals since 1969. I began collecting (reading) comics from an early age, probably 7 years old. I used to buy all the old 10 and 12 cent comics, as well as horror and war comics.

I started seriously collecting DC war comics when I was 20, buying everything that I could afford. You've just got to love Joe Kubert and Russ Heath. Then I went to Taiwan when I was 25 and taught English for 3 years, and met my lovely wife. We are now back in London running the shop. Once back, I started to concentrate on my war collection again, and I'm proud to say that I'm getting close to having all of the DC war books. I'm now missing just under 200.

I am new to the boards, but I can see that there are a lot of great people here, and most are very helpful.

I've had excellent transactions with bigfiver, houseofcomics, johnenock, and flatrock02.

Happy to help anyone who feels I may be able to help them.

Cheers to you all!

Andy

I am the stain upon your soul that infects your every action!

Let the people know me! Let the people fear me! I shall come to you in visions, in nightmares. You cannot escape me. I shall possess you. For you are merely mortal and I am the timeless the EVERLASTING.

Hey Thomas.

I'm Joseph. I've always my full name included in my profile. And if you want to know more about me, do a member search on these boards for some of my posts, or follow the links in my sig.

I appreciate that Joseph, but the point of this thread is for people to post a short Bio of who they are as a point of reference for everybody, without anyone having to do searches or look people up.

Sorry if I did'nt make that clear

Tom thumbsup2.gif

Gotcha thumbsup2.gif

ComicWiz Bio Reloaded grin.gif

My name is Joseph Fiore. I live in Toronto, Canada. My wife and I became proud parents of our first born baby boy in February and its brought a world of joy into our lives.

I'm something of an underground comix (UG) freak... ok, I'm a full-on UG comix freak!!

And I also dabble in mainstream Marvel, EC, Timely and DC's.

My all-time favourite pastime revolves around ice-hockey - I'm a keeper.

I’m something of a graphic artist and web developer, but my expertise is within the information technology field. My main focus is in the area of developing search engine technology and software, specifically for the business intelligence community. Commercial applications of my work extend into many industries, but fall mainly in the area of brand and reputation monitoring.

I am the stain upon your soul that infects your every action!

Let the people know me! Let the people fear me! I shall come to you in visions, in nightmares. You cannot escape me. I shall possess you. For you are merely mortal and I am the timeless the EVERLASTING.

Well, that explains some of your posts. poke2.gifstooges.gif27_laughing.gif

Hi my names is James Ray DuBois and I'm 24 years old. Some people call me Jd. Strange. I have been married to my beautifull wife Patty for almost 7 months now (we got married last March 24th..) Besides all of that, I have been mixing / producing electronic music (IDM, ambient, experimental, hard techno) for about 7 years now.... with well over a dozen released cd's and singles under my belt thus far (and still going). Click on one of my webpages in my signature below, ..downloads are free. thumbsup2.gif

I reside in Roseland Indiana, which is a suberb of South Bend. We are the hotel capital of Indiana I think. The entire downtown area of Roseland is filled with various hotels, restaurants, and antique shops. I live a 5 minutes drive away from Notre Dame (which I'm sure you've all heard of). So our little town of Roseland gets bigger with every football game in the season. My house is situated in a little forested nook within the town, so thats kind of neat I think.

I've been collecting (and reading) comic books since I turned 11 back in 1993. In the past 2 years or so I've been rebuilding my comic book collection, as I was robbed one night back in 2002, which most of my original collection was stolen (among other things). Since then my comic book collection has actually grown bigger than my original collection.

I mainly collect Copper Age and Modern Age, but dabble a little bit into Silver Age and Bronze Age depending on the book. As far as main titles, I mostly collect X-Men and X-Men related titles, ..besides that it's GI-Joe comics and certain misc. titles I may find interesting.

....also, I have been collecting GI-Joe action figures for about a year now. cloud9.gif

I have met alot of interesting, and helpful people on these boards so far. Some have been rude at times yes, ..but most I find are nice and helpful. 893applaud-thumb.gif

A lot of info about me is posted on my profile, accessible to all you folks ( 893whatthe.gif hey, what a concept!!). I've never had a problem disclosing who I am and wholeheartedly support this thread. thumbsup2.gif

hi.gif

My name is Steve Welch. I live in the north Chicago suburbs, transplanted from Iowa (go 'Hawks!). I have been collecting since childhood and have dabbled in being a dealer and show promoter. Now my professional responsibilities have relegated me back to the primary role of collector. I am a pre-hero Marvel nut, love Silver and Bronze Age books (that's what I grew up reading), but collect a little of everything. I appreciate the historical and sociological significance of comic books as an art form and medium, and in the past 5 years have increasingly focused on collecting original art. A link to my OA gallery on ComicArtFans.com is in my sig -- hope you check it out!

I'm married to an awesome woman who not only accepts my comic geekiness but reads a bit herself and occasionally encourages me to buy things (she's a keeper, boys!). We have 3 great danes (WOOF!). In my pro-feshunal life I work as a editor 27_laughing.gif of a medical journal and oversee the communications division of a medical society. Non-comic interests include scuba diving, fitness, fine wine, KISS, football (the real American kind, dagnabbit!), and traveling 'round the world.

Dats who I am. headbang.gif

im herald aka mark kendall

born in brookly ny, currently reside in west paterson new jersey or spring valley ny (i alternate)

i have about 6 jobs..but basically im in the pet industry and im a musician

ive just turned 23 years old...

i like beer, grunge music, women, pool, and football

this is me..

61464308_l.jpg

My name is Spartacus.

No........

I am Spartacus

Please don't try and hijack the thread with predictable and unfunny comments.

If you don't want to say anything about yourselves...that's fine, but leave the thread to those who want to contribute something positive.

In other words...grow up eh lads? 893naughty-thumb.gif

I'm game...

My name's Don Walthrop, 34 years old, and I collect comics.

*why do we all sound like we just entered rehab?*

Anyway, I have been working in the land title insurance industry for 10 years. I was the Title Operations Manager in Texas for a national homebuilder but was laid off when they decided they didn't want to build in Texas any more. I am currently contracted for mineral ownership searches for an Exxon/Mobil oil and gas project involving a geological formation in North Texas known as the Barnett Shale.

I have one of those jobs that pretty much the only way to learn how to do it is through experience and you're either good at it or you're not. There's no college courses for what I do and the pay for experienced people like myself is better than a college graduates anyway.

My gorgeous wife Tamara is also in the same business as I, but she works on the escrow side of the business as an Escrow Manager for a home builder which involves handling the actual closings and what have you.

We live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area but we may be moving to Austin after the beginning of the year.

Obviously I am a Buffy fan (when the heck is the new Buffy comic actually going to hit the stands?) and my collecting interests change from time to time. Currently I am still a few issues shy in my Savage Sword of Conan run and I've started picking up Warren Vampirellas preferably already slabbed when I can find them. Always been a Spider-man fan, and I consider Web of Spider-man one of the most undervalued Spider-man series ever produced.

As some of you know, I use to sell old toys which I did for about 10 years (started when I was 19) setting up at flea markets, toy shows, and advertising in Toy Shop and some of the other publications (Anyone remember old Toy Shop phone auctions?) with customers world-wide in more countries than I can count.

I have since been told that I got out of it at the right time because along with everything else the bottom dropped out of the old toy markets just like every other collectible in the mid-90's. (I still blame eBay and can give perfect examples as to why.)

Well... like Steve I have my information in the Bio area but it never hurts to jump in here as I think it's a good idea too. My name is Paul Clairmont and I'm married to a wonderful woman named Tammy and we have a incredible son, Jack, who just turned 3 years old last week. I'm 32 years old, college educated and been with the largest bank in Canada for almost 7 years now. I love my career and I'm probably the rare exception that never has a stressful day at the office.

I love the comic industry and recently returned to collecting hardcore this past April. Prior to that I collected from the 1979 to 1995. I was only 5 years old when I started collecting but that was because my dad got me into comics and now I'm continuing his legacy as he's more just an avid watcher now. Hence why I choose the user ID of Dad&Son to pay homage to him. My avatar is actually a picture of him and I holding our then grail books which I've gotten rid of since.

Besides comics, I love playing golf and baseball and teaching my son to play as well. I watch NFL football with my wife every Sunday and I love making wine. hi.gif

....Hi,..my name is Jack O'mara and I've been collecting comics for 40 years now,..I was born on June 14th 1958 and my social security # is 110-47-2346,...I'm 5'10 with brown hair and green eyes,...I don't feel comfortable giving my address or telephone #, but I am listed in the Seattle white pages if you really need to reach me,... hi.gif