• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USER ID DISCLOSURE...WHO ARE YOU?

644 posts in this topic

In lieu of a Myspace... which I killed... here is a Freewebs site that describes me a little... http://www.freewebs.com/oldmilwaukee6er/

Justin (32), Louisiana, Environmental Scientist. Collection Silver and Bronze Age Undergrounds, and sporadically... Modern Indies.

C-wiz knows me and we've met, and I've communicated with several others, but I don't post here much since I found the boards dedicated to Undergrounds over at comicspriceguide (post as oldmilwaukee6er). I also really got turned off to these boards and moved away from slabbing during the whole SCS, PCS, NDP, JE, etc., etc. But, there is a lot of good information around, so I lurk about 3-4 times/month to stay current and protect myself as a collector...

PS. Looking forward to flippin' through some UGs during Liverpool v Arsenal this Sunday...

hi.gif

My name is Arex Crooke, im 30 893whatthe.gif and am married to a wonderful woman Anna. We have a 3 1/2 year old litle boy named Aidan. He is my little buddy and he brings me great joy.

Ive got a Masters in Middle School Ed. so its not too big of a shock that I teach 7th grade Sci/SS. I also coach wrestling which I love dearly.

I started collecting about 4 years ago and have loved damn near every minute of it. I collect late Silver and early Bronze Marvel, but also collect Aquaman and Green Lantern.

Arex

I also enjoy attending horror conventions and pretty much anything to do with zombies

[Psst]Zombiemania[/Psst]

WOW, that sounds great, I might have to put it on my Christmas list thumbsup2.gif

So far we've got the following Open Members;

Alex De Large...............Tom

Comicwiz.....................Joseph

Ze-man........................Kenny

Mutant keys.................Daniel

Scottish.......................David

Flying Donut.................Dan

Arnold Blumberg...........Arnold

EvilAsh........................Stephen

kc120us......................Casey

comicdonna.................Mike

nearmint.....................Jeff

justin2003...................Justin

Arexcrooke..................Arex

Keep 'em comin

hi.gif

hi.gif

My name is Darrell Ferrouillat and I am a civil engineer from Atlanta, Georgia. I mainly collect Batman but have branched out to included a few Marvels in the past few months. I have meet a few people from the board and look forward to meeting a few more of you. I am also addicted to Signature Series books and blame the addiction on Jon Jesperson.

Hi.

I'm John Dillon. Live in Olathe, KS. Am a telecommunications consultant.

42 years old, have been collectng off and on most of my life. Am currently in a major flux where I am getting rid of most of my silver and bronze age DC's and Marvels and want to focus more on the less common and more obscure stuff...undergounds, westerns, romance, golden age non-superhero. But I will always love my superhero comics and will never part with my Iron Man or Supergirl collections.

I have an amazing girlfriend who has brought 3 young girls with her and that has changed my life for the better in ways I never could have imagined.

I love the boards, learn a lot and always look forward to the next flame war!!

My name is Brian Sheppard, I'm 37 and I live in St. John's, Newfoundland. Married to a great lady, and we have four fabulous, healthy kids. I've been fascinated by war comics since I was four years old... don't know why exactly. I found my older brother's comics back in 1973 - before I could even read - and just said to myself 'Of course!' Funny. After giving up collecting in my teens, I fell back in love with the war books about 7 years ago. In that time, I have completed a reasonably high grade collection of Bronze Age DC war books (mostly raw 9.0 and up, with a handful of 8.0 and 8.5s that need upgrading some time.) Now that the bronze run is pretty much done, I've turned my attention to getting all the Silver books. In other words, I'm a massive glutton for punishment.

Workwise, I'm a Creative Group Head and Senior writer at an advertising agency here in St. John's. Great clients, and awesome people. I spent 14 years in Toronto working the big shops (FCB, Ogilvy & Mather) before my wife and I decided to slow life down my moving back to Newfoundland (the US equivalent to Newfoundland would probably be Maine, in terms of speed of life.)

That's my deal. I don't get to as many conventions now - just the ones that I can hit when I'm travelling on business. But as much I enjoy the comics themselves, I have truly relished all the like-minded fans I have met in person and on boards like this one.

Oh! I also have minor fascinations with vintage Wacky Packages, small scale model airplanes, the art of Norman Saunders, the Ballantine's war history paperbacks of the 1970s, and really good barbecue.

Hello, my name is Enigo Montoya....still looking for that 6 fingered man..

893applaud-thumb.gif You killed my brother...PREPARE TO DIE!

gossip.gif father

doh! Ooops, sorry, "The Princess Bride" is more my wife's thing....

Anthony Carpenter. I went to college at the best football school in North Carolina. (East Carolina Arex, not Wake). Currently work for a private technical college in Kentucky and waiting on the next great thing.

Living with my former wife of 10 years, Gin, our son Nicholas and an 8 month old Cheagle named Jango. Have a baby girl on the way sometime in late feb or march by said former wife listed above. My husky of 12 years, Leia, passed away on Monday so this week has been a huge bummer.

My collecting these days consists of SS books with sketches, old legion appearances and some moderns. Also love anything Red Sonja.