• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USER ID DISCLOSURE...WHO ARE YOU?

644 posts in this topic

Hello,

My name is Martin, and I'm a Comic-aholic.

Seriously, Martin Boruta here, from the small town of Ennismore situated outside the small city of Peterborough in Ontario, Canada.

Just turned 37 and have four daughters. I run the technical department of a small Information Technology services company (the other departments being Training, Sales and Software Development).

Been reading comics since I was very small. My Uncle gave me his collection of 1960's DC comics when I was 5 or 6ish so I read many great Silver Age stories before moving into buying my own Bronze Age books. Uncle Paul also horribly corrupted me into being a DC addict. Never read any Marvel book with regularity until High School. Have never stopped reading weekly comics but lately I have bought several TPB runs of Vertigo titles and am considering joining JC in not buying modern comics anymore.

From a collector point of view I have sold my collection many times over and restarted. This last collecting push resulted in me selling my 90's drek and buying as many DC issue #1s published in the 60's as I could. Then I found original art ...

80% of my comic budget goes to OA, 15% for TPBs and 5% for current comics.

Been on eBay since 1999 using the handle "mboruta" and then "ubermanx".

Uberman X came about as a frustrated attempt to create a Hotmail account and all my choices were already taken.

Anywho ... enough blithering.

Caio,

Ubie X

Hi

Monty Zutz from Rugby ND, you can't get much further away from everything. I'm a Project manager for an electronic manufacturer.

I've been reading, collecting comics since my dollar allowance used to buy 10 issues. Lately I've been concentrating mostly on Dell's (yep, someone actually collects them).

I tend to jump around a lot in my intrests, and my collection has grown to over 50,000 without duplicates.

Well, I usually refuse to converse with Arsenal fans due to the fact that every fibre of my being is focused on the downfall of said football club.

But I digress.....

My name is David Wickenden,31 years old. Born in Sunbury (west london) England, met a kiwi girl six years ago whilst backpacking around aussie, ended up marrying here 4 years ago and now live in the South Island of New Zealand - best place in the world.

Read comics as a kid, stopped around1993/94 due to shatness of stories and other interests taking over (booze,girls,music,crack)

Got back into them when i was in Toronto and wandered into a comic shop.

Back Issue wise I'm into X-men 94-150 (will be finished next week grin.gif),Bronze age Spidey,Batman,Daredevil,swamp thing and soon to be starting a conan run.

Also love copper books - Miracleman,Swamp thing

Read moderns - Fav's being 100 bullets,X-men,DMZ,Daredevil,Batman,Y-the last man

Going to New York for a holiday next week so I'm going to be going to the national con, already ordered books from Bob Storm,Harley,Superworld,Metro

Don't post much due to being too busy and when I;m around the rest of the world are asleep !!

No kids, just 2 cats.

Dave

p.s. greatest day ever - watching Gazza make David Seaman look stoopid in front of 80,000 people at the Spurs V Arsenal Semi Final 1991 poke2.gif

p.p.s second greatest day ever, going to school next day and collecting my winnings from all gooners who thought we never stood a chance cloud9.gif

Well I refuse to get into a dialogue with a LOWLY Spurs fan poke2.gif

When you accept your denial that ARSENAL are the greatest Club in the World of football, you will find peace cloud9.gif

But thanks for posting thumbsup2.gif

Hi Guys,

My name is Annaka and I live in Reading, PA. I don't post a lot but I love to read the board. I'm a systems analyst specializing in IT SOX compliance. In between system testing, I sneak to the boards and laugh out loud at the things you guys write. It brightens my day. As you can see from my avatar I really enjoyed the Alias series. I was bummed when they ended it.

I collect modern stuff, and I just love the Zombie kick right now. I also like DC's Elseworlds and have been trying to collect all the stories related to Batman and Superman.

Currently some of my favorite reads are:

Current Series

Walking Dead

Fell

Mouse Guard

All Star Superman

Limited Series

The Keep

Superman: Red Son

Skinwalker

Kingdom Come

The original 30 Days of Night

Unforgettable One Shots

The Pro (every time I read it I die laughing)

Hector Plasm

Interman

Hulk: The End

First comic series ever collected, way back in late 70's: The Warlord

Haven't had the time to post as much recently, but here's a bit about me:

John Adams (33 yo)

Married (4/24/04)

Wife - Meshel (32 yo)

Daughter - Ariel (b-8/5/05)

Dogs: Bear (b-7/3/93), Lucky (b-5/26/99)

Cats: Trigger and Champ (b-4/24/05)

Residence: KC, MO.

I mostly collect 70's and early 80's comics, toys, and TV/Movie tie-ins, etc. I enjoy collecting somewhat obscure Marvel titles like Human Fly, Eternals, Spider-Woman, Devil Dinosaur, Tarzan, Shogun Warriors and so on.

61464308_l.jpg

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Why comicbook collectors are looked down upon.

Perhaps you could quantify that statement by telling us who you are?

If you are saying that MARK or indeed anyone with long hair is not the right 'type' to be associated with this hobby...you are full of it my friend.

May I suggest that anyone who wants to have a pop at anyone who has the integrity to post their Bios on here, at least have the guts to say who they are.

That sort of remark completely makes the point of this thread.

Making snide comments...great...fine..but do it with honesty.

Don't hide behind anonymity.

Doing so just proves why we need disclosure on the boards.

Make hay while you can boys...because the day is coming when all those who hide & snipe will be gone from here.

When that day comes, I think this forum will improve 1000% overnight

Make hay while you can boys...because the day is coming when all those who hide & snipe will be gone from here.

By all means go for diversity by posting this thread and in some ways it's indeed making this a more open and friendly place...but please please PLEASE get off your high horse...

By all means go for diversity by posting this thread and in some ways it's indeed making this a more open and friendly place...but please please PLEASE get off your high horse...

It's not a question of being on a high horse, altho' I can see how you may interpret that.

My point was, and what annoyed me is how people can make fun of a guy's appearance and deem that somehow he is bringing the hobby down by looking the way he does?

Surely that is the HIGH HORSE...dontcha' think confused-smiley-013.gif....CHROMIUM...if that is your real name!... poke2.gif

It's not a question of being on a high horse, altho' I can see how you may interpret that.

My point was, and what annoyed me is how people can make fun of a guy's appearance and deem that somehow he is bringing the hobby down by looking the way he does?

Surely that is the HIGH HORSE...dontcha' think confused-smiley-013.gif....CHROMIUM...if that is your real name!... poke2.gif

I wasn't talking about your comments on how the guy looks, but on how you keep going on about making this a better place and that everyone should start using their real names etc...when you yourself have used multiple names (shills..) on this forum

I wasn't talking about your comments on how the guy looks, but on how you keep going on about making this a better place and that everyone should start using their real names etc...when you yourself have used multiple names (shills..) on this forum

sign-funnypost.gif

Well...please tell me what they are?

I have and only have had 1 ID on this forum...that's a fact

sign-funnypost.gif

so you're not "ECX7Collection" who refused to send back a book you trimmed that CGC mislabeled even after Borrock asked you and offered you compensation ? ?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...true#Post931986

Hi Guys,

My name is Annaka and I live in Reading, PA. I don't post a lot but I love to read the board. I'm a systems analyst specializing in IT SOX compliance. In between system testing, I sneak to the boards and laugh out loud at the things you guys write. It brightens my day. As you can see from my avatar I really enjoyed the Alias series. I was bummed when they ended it.

I collect modern stuff, and I just love the Zombie kick right now. I also like DC's Elseworlds and have been trying to collect all the stories related to Batman and Superman.

Currently some of my favorite reads are:

Current Series

Walking Dead

Fell

Mouse Guard

All Star Superman

Limited Series

The Keep

Superman: Red Son

Skinwalker

Kingdom Come

The original 30 Days of Night

Unforgettable One Shots

The Pro (every time I read it I die laughing)

Hector Plasm

Interman

Hulk: The End

First comic series ever collected, way back in late 70's: The Warlord

PM me and send me a resume. We need an IT SOX person bad for a job in New Jersey. thumbsup2.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

so you're not "ECX7Collection" who refused to send back a book you trimmed that CGC mislabeled even after Borrock asked you and offered you compensation ? ?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...true#Post931986

Absolutely not.

If you read my Bio at the top of this thread, you will see that I bought out the website which is now known as www.x7-online-ec-museum.com from a guy named PAUL LAKE.

It has since come to my attention that he either was or still is a forum member.

If you want to verify my identity, feel free to contact RYAN RUSSO, also a member on these boards, who I recently sold some OA to. thumbsup2.gif

My name is Arthur Ratcliffe, I have a wife, Trish, and three kids one in highschool, middle school and one in elementary. I live in New Castle, Indiana, outside of indy. I'm an anesthesiologist at a small hospital. I just turned 40. I love to road and mountain bike. We have a great 10 mile mountain bike trail right here in New -tucky.

I was collecting Batman, but I found it to restricting, so now I collect some of this and some of that. I also have started collecting DC 100 pagers. Not just to anger ice-fires and greggy, but because I like them. The nice thing about being a collector is I might overpay for a comic, but I hold on to them so long, that it doesn't matter.

I have attended Chicago wizard world twice and met some of you. I will probably be going again in 2007, unless I can scrape up enough money to go to the california wizard world. I might be going to japan in 2007, so if anyone lives there, contact me.

Absolutely not.

If you read my Bio at the top of this thread, you will see that I bought out the website which is now known as www.x7-online-ec-museum.com from a guy named PAUL LAKE.

It has since come to my attention that he either was or still is a forum member.

If you want to verify my identity, feel free to contact RYAN RUSSO, also a member on these boards, who I recently sold some OA to. thumbsup2.gif

No need, If you say you're not than I believe you....very glad you're not that same piece of *spoon*...

You should take a look at this thread Click me, you probably missed it, there was some debate about your identity...