• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USER ID DISCLOSURE...WHO ARE YOU?

644 posts in this topic

Nice art work, Frederic. thumbsup2.gif have you submitted anything professionally? I've only been to Canada once (Montreal) and loved it. Am hoping to make it back some time soon, maybe Quebec or Toronto.

Never submitted anything. I keep this and other drawings for a personal comic book project that's being yeeaars in the making. Given my busy working and family schedule, it might become my main project when I'll retire ! 27_laughing.gif

Hello,

My name is Tim Collins, I live in Hugo, Oklahoma..

I work for an electric company here in town.. Im 30 years old and have two kids..Dont really have time to collect but thinking about it.

Welcome to the Boards Tim! There is always time to collect thanks to the internet!

Never submitted anything. I keep this and other drawings for a personal comic book project that's being yeeaars in the making. Given my busy working and family schedule, it might become my main project when I'll retire ! 27_laughing.gif

Frederic, I've always wondered about that sig pic!! Great work!! I've always enjoyed the penning a story and have many uncompleted drafts on a shelf. Maybe one day we can collaborate on some works together!! I've been mauling over and jotting down ideas about continuing ST's with a mixture of heros thrust into the pre-hero story line idea... ie. Human Torch vs. Vampires... etc...etc...etc.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hello,

My name is Tim Collins, I live in Hugo, Oklahoma..

I work for an electric company here in town.. Im 30 years old and have two kids..Dont really have time to collect but thinking about it.

What's your story!?!?! Did you collect and quit...or has something intrigued you to the comic hobby?? By the way.. welcome and enjoy.. .good folks around here.. and most knowledgable anywhere on the where!! thumbsup2.gif

Frederic, I've always wondered about that sig pic!! Great work!! I've always enjoyed the penning a story and have many uncompleted drafts on a shelf. Maybe one day we can collaborate on some works together!! I've been mauling over and jotting down ideas about continuing ST's with a mixture of heros thrust into the pre-hero story line idea... ie. Human Torch vs. Vampires... etc...etc...etc.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif that's good to know!

To show you how I have been influenced by both Europeans & Americans, here's the full picture :

Gorilles-splash-page-1.jpg

I always kick myself in the butt for having drawned that one on a writting sheet...that's what happen when you are bored in school!

I thought I was logging onto the CGC boards this morning, and suddenly I seem to be in MySpace. tongue.gif

Maybe everyone joining these boards should immediately get a picture of Borock listed as his first friend. 27_laughing.gif

To show you how I have been influenced by both Europeans & Americans, here's the full picture :

I always kick myself in the butt for having drawned that one on a writting sheet...that's what happen when you are bored in school!

Ahhh.. going with an explorer/settler theme!?!?! Very nice drawing indeed and I like the fact that it's on school scribble paper because it represents and relates to who you were in a specific time in your life...

Gorilles-splash-page-1.jpg

Very nice 893applaud-thumb.gif

My name is Mike McMurray and I'm the second poster from Montreal on this thread. I am 42 and married with two kids (4, 6). I'm also the second ex-architect to post, but have been working in the investment business for the last 12 years.

I collected in the 70s and then got back into it in the late 90s. I travel a lot for work and used to visit a lot of comic shops around NA. It was a great way to pick up nice old books in high grade at reasonable prices. The internet has pretty much killed this as almost all dealers send their high grade purchases to CGC and sell on the net. I've been buying a lot on eBay since 2000 (Ainsley00), but have finally become sick of the bad grading. I'm hoping that I can build some good relationships here instead (already three smooth transactions - r1970d, Nearmint & QualityComix - thanks guys!!!!).

My collecting interests are in my sig below. I didn't mention that I collect VF and better pre-hero Strange Tales. This makes me only the second guy to mention Atlas (Hi Rhino, I'm going to check your blog out). I also enjoy reading moderns (100 Bullets, Powers, Daredevil, SiP, etc...), mostly in trades.

I also collect some original art from the comics I collect. Here is my collection if you're interested: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=8337

I've really enjoyed this thread! Keep it coming! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

My collecting interests are in my sig below. I didn't mention that I collect VF and better pre-hero Strange Tales.

Hi Mike!

Good to see that you are in the pre-hero Strange Tales, Paul will have some company ...and me less competition thumbsup2.gif

My collecting interests are in my sig below. I didn't mention that I collect VF and better pre-hero Strange Tales.

Hi Mike!

Good to see that you are in the pre-hero Strange Tales, Paul will have some company ...and me less competition thumbsup2.gif

sumo.gif First time I've had to use that little B a s t a r d !!! Alright Mike, we must work together... whatever I want.. you don't want.. 27_laughing.gif

Frederic... I still have 17 hero books and 7 pre-hero books to register.. DON'T TELL ME I'LL HAVE TO LEAP FROG YOU IN THE REGISTRY SOON!! 893whatthe.gif

I have something that I would like to say about this thread. I understand the place where it is coming from and that it is meant to build a strong fellowship among the board members who choose to post here. However, aren't any of you the least bit worried about all of your personal information being displayed here for the entire world to see? I am not saying that any of our members would ever do anything, but what about those who never post here and might use this information to find where a member might live using some form of a people search? I understand that if someone wants to find out who you are, they will find a way. Why make it easy though for a possible dishonest person who might want to come to your home and take what you have? With a full name and a city anyone can find your address and telephone number by even the most common methods. Once again I am not referring to the members of the board as I have made quite a few friends by posting on here. Alot of those people know who I am. Also, by selling in the marketplace I have allowed members to know my full name and address. This is not about you guys. It is about some possible nut case who might covet what we have and wants to make it their own. I don't think I am over-reacting either. I really like what this thread is trying to do and wish the nature of the world today would not prevent it from becoming successful. I hope I don't get flamed for this as I have the best of intentions.

Scott

Hi Mike!

sumo.gif First time I've had to use that little B a s t a r d !!! Alright Mike, we must work together... whatever I want.. you don't want.. 27_laughing.gif

Frederic... I still have 17 hero books and 7 pre-hero books to register.. DON'T TELL ME I'LL HAVE TO LEAP FROG YOU IN THE REGISTRY SOON!! 893whatthe.gif

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet! Those books are still in Florida ?

Frederic... I still have 17 hero books and 7 pre-hero books to register.. DON'T TELL ME I'LL HAVE TO LEAP FROG YOU IN THE REGISTRY SOON!!

What names should I look for in the registry to find you guys?

Just look up the sets " Strange Tales 1-100 " & " Strange Tales 101-188" and you'll see some of the finest runs of ST's ( check out the top 5 of ST's 101-188 ) gossip.gif you can also click on my sig where I listed the runs I have. That should also help lead you in the right area to source out everyone registered!! thumbsup2.gif