• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

My guess is the moderators would want no active part of the buying/selling threads. They already have a blurb absolving themselves of any comittments or responsibility regarding sales and I'd be surprised if they took a more active role

Seems to me commons sense is all that's required. If the seller is new and noone can vouch for them, stay away. Especially if their prices are strangely low and no scans are provided. I understand the feeling of wanting to not miss a great deal, but it's still a risk with a noob. Like everyone else here, if they take the time to build trust slowly, and establish relationships, they will be fine. .

Yeah, it always comes down to the same thing : Caveat Emptor

You Europeans and your fancy Latin. frustrated.gif

My guess is the moderators would want no active part of the buying/selling threads. They already have a blurb absolving themselves of any comittments or responsibility regarding sales and I'd be surprised if they took a more active role

Seems to me commons sense is all that's required. If the seller is new and noone can vouch for them, stay away. Especially if their prices are strangely low and no scans are provided. I understand the feeling of wanting to not miss a great deal, but it's still a risk with a noob. Like everyone else here, if they take the time to build trust slowly, and establish relationships, they will be fine. .

Yeah, it always comes down to the same thing : Caveat Emptor

You Europeans and your fancy Latin. frustrated.gif

This one I did especially for you Vado Pugnus Vestri thumbsup2.gif

It's not quite a perfect translation, but Latin isn't as rich as English, but you'll get the gist of it thumbsup2.gif

I think posting a thread about bad sellers/buyers is probably the only realistic way for us to address the issue right now.

Agreed...but I also see it getting worse (much worse in my opinion) over time...

Jim

You guys think that is enough for its own forum?

Yes.

Yes, and there would be more if it had it's own forum I think.

So where are we at on the separate WTB forum? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes.

About the same place we're at on the "Forum only" selling concept makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifyeahok.gif

Yes.

About the same place we're at on the "Forum only" selling concept makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifyeahok.gif

That sounds like a good idea! thumbsup2.gif

We should have something like that...

• Administrator

Yes.

Want To Buy... IT'S ALLLIIIIIIIVVVEE!! AAAALLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVEEEE!!!!

I understand the concept of not posting a thread without prices to see what you get. But here is the dumb question of the day. Say you have a few hundred to a thousand books large lots of a single series say Excaliber the first run. But you don't want to go through the trouble of listing all the details if no one wants to buy them. I'm not talking expensive books here but rather 1.00-3.00 book in large bulk sums. Is it against the rules to say I have a collection of "title" before I list is there any interest. Then in the listing give each collection. The reason I am asking is I have a large number of collection from the 80's-early 90's which isn't worth much that I want to sell in lots yet I I don't want to go through and count and dig through every book and list it.

Example of what I am asking is it wrong to post.

Any interested in these collections

Bulk lots approx 1.00-2.00 per book

Excaliber 1-about 100

Solo Avenger/spotlight complete.

X-Factor 1-approx 120

etc...

etc..

Then if anyone says yes then post actual numbers and price of collection as long as the price stays within those est prices.

Just take a few minutes to look at the books and assign and "average" grade to the runs. I do that with runs as small as 20 books. Add a few group shots with the digital camera and an asking price and if there is interest you'll either get the takeit.gif or some PM's with offers. It's worked well for me.

And finally understanding that JC would probably argue with a dead horse....

Per guidline 1, is it permittable to still sell comic related items ?? I have

some odds and ends from the comic book shop that have been packed

away for years, and don't have an attatchment for them, and thought of

selling. Mostly promo stuff, and event items.