• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

Here's another of the Fairy Tale Parades.

121.jpg

CBG's Standard Catalog of Comic Books lists a variant issue 144 Fairy Tale Parade. In the 20 years it took me to put together my four color set the only 144 I've ever seen is the Roy Rogers issue. Does anyone know if the variant actually exists, or did someone just read a 114 or 104 as a 144?

Here's another of the Fairy Tale Parades.

121.jpg

CBG's Standard Catalog of Comic Books lists a variant issue 144 Fairy Tale Parade. In the 20 years it took me to put together my four color set the only 144 I've ever seen is the Roy Rogers issue. Does anyone know if the variant actually exists, or did someone just read a 114 or 104 as a 144?

I don't know -- an Overstreet "planted error"?

Interesting cover, kind of creepy.

Who's it by? Is that a signature at bottom right?

The demonic bug looks almost like he belongs in shiverbone's bag of tricks!

Jack

Interesting style with the plump, shiny cheeks and all. The facial expressions look like the artist may have been thinking of Disney's Seven Dwarves. Anyone know who did the cover? Is the interior artwork similar?

Jack

fc809.jpg

I was thinking of the similarity to Bob Clampett's Beany and Cecil but the drawves could be an influence as well.

Interesting style with the plump, shiny cheeks and all. The facial expressions look like the artist may have been thinking of Disney's Seven Dwarves. Anyone know who did the cover? Is the interior artwork similar?

Jack

fc809.jpg

Yes, the artwork on the inside, inside the front cover, inside the back cover and the back cover all appear to be drawn by the same person.

Every time I see one of the Bugs Bunnys I want to read it -- I'm not compelled to own one (yet) -- but darnit I want to read the story!

gossip.gif Nice books!

Every time I see one of the Bugs Bunnys I want to read it -- I'm not compelled to own one (yet) -- but darnit I want to read the story!

gossip.gif Nice books!

The interior stories and art are not very good at all. The covers on the otherhand....

gossip.gif Nice books!

The interior stories and art are not very good at all. The covers on the otherhand....

There's only one Carl Barks!

gossip.gif Nice books!

But it's like watching a great trailer for a lousy movie. It's so hard NOT to watch even when you know it'll suck.

Here's the back cover end of the story for FC 164. Bugs sure is a stinker. Now imagine 52 pages of this. Sad with such good covers and genius cartoons that the comic interiors disappoint. Pure nostalgia though.

bb164bc.jpg