• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

I did not get the 190. Contrary to popular belief, I did not buy every Crippen as there are some weeks where I missed auctions completely because of my schedule. But as you will see over the next few weeks, I did manage to pick up a few.

fc212cgc8.jpg

Never noticed this one. I didn't know Dell had a story about a junkie doctor! tongue.gif Must only have lasted one issue?

I was thinking the same thing! sign-funnypost.gif

Never noticed this one. I didn't know Dell had a story about a junkie doctor! tongue.gif Must only have lasted one issue?

I was thinking the same thing! sign-funnypost.gif

You cynical modern kids! makepoint.gif Obviously he's doing a Louis Pasteur and testing a cure on himself!

I'll post this in order and to steal an iota of bullets thunder

I've read that one!

Don't know how it starts because our family had a coverless copy that was missing an outer wrap.

YOW!

Your posts are knocking me out. I know I'll never have a copy of Adventure Bound like that because there may not be another copy of Adventure Bound like that. Dells are the neglected stepchildren of the comic-book industry, although they outsold most of today's favored sons.

Wonderful stuff. Keep on posting them!

Jack

"inky dinky parlay foo" HAW!!

YOW!

Your posts are knocking me out. I know I'll never have a copy of Adventure Bound like that because there may not be another copy of Adventure Bound like that. Dells are the neglected stepchildren of the comic-book industry, although they outsold most of today's favored sons.

Jack

What was "Adventure Bound"? Was it original to comic books or did it come from some other source?

YOW!

Jack

What was "Adventure Bound"? Was it original to comic books or did it come from some other source?

Honestly, I have no idea. I was just using it as an example of the amazing, often obscure, Four Color books in primo condition that have been parading through this thread. My hat is off to bullet123. My personal grails are the Walt Kelly books. Personally, I'd love to have a run of FC reader copies that I could actually look at and smack on the scanner whenever the spirit moved me, but the high-grade copies here are astonishing to see.

Jack

YOW!

Jack

Honestly, I have no idea. I was just using it as an example of the amazing, often obscure, Four Color books in primo condition that have been parading through this thread. My hat is off to bullet123. My personal grails are the Walt Kelly books. Personally, I'd love to have a run of FC reader copies that I could actually look at and smack on the scanner whenever the spirit moved me, but the high-grade copies here are astonishing to see.

Jack

If you are patient and willing to wade through EBAY, most of these books on EBAY in reader condition can be purchased for less than $20 (except the ducks)

If you are patient and willing to wade through EBAY, most of these books on EBAY in reader condition can be purchased for less than $20 (except the ducks)

I'm very patient -- I've accumulated well over 300 mostly that way, but it's slow going. Often ebay sellers don't mention Four Color (naturally, since it doesn't say that anywhere on most of them) so you've got to get lucky and find them by title. I'll never find Series 1, the first 25 or so of Series 2 or most of the early ducks that way, but it's a fun search anyway. I'm enjoying your cover display.

Jack

This thread was inspiring me to try to go for a full run of Four Colors until I saw yours.

I realizied that starting off with only 100 or so and even trying to get decent copies would take the rest of my life and more $$$$$$ than i want to invest there. I still want to try to get a really nice assortment of FC's and would love to trade for the ones that I don't have.

Since I am an Actuary I have always loved this one and even have it on display in my office.

1612742-fc1051.jpg

1612742-fc1051.jpg.1edbd176c9f889b35792cbabb6cd00b8.jpg

Edited by jmg3637

This thread was inspiring me to try to go for a full run of Four Colors until I saw yours.

I realizied that starting off with only 100 or so and even trying to get decent copies would take the rest of my life and more $$$$$$ than i want to invest there. I still want to try to get a really nice assortment of FC's and would love to trade for the ones that I don't have.

Since I am an Actuary I have always loved this one and even have it on display in my office.

1612742-fc1051.jpg

I do not know if you are aware, this title was a Donald Duck short cartoon from the 1959 and there is a half-sheet 22 inches x 28 inches that goes for around $75-$100 I will try and find you a jpeg of one if that is something you care about.