• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

Yes It was actually the cartoon that I saw as a kid. I remembered the depiction of the golden ratio and other things quite distinctly. I was only 4 in 59 so it must have showed later. I think it was on the Sunday night Wonderful World of Color from the early sixties It was because of the cartoon that i wanted the comic.

I would love to see the half sheet.

Yes It was actually the cartoon that I saw as a kid. I remembered the depiction of the golden ratio and other things quite distinctly. I was only 4 in 59 so it must have showed later. I think it was on the Sunday night Wonderful World of Color from the early sixties It was because of the cartoon that i wanted the comic.

I would love to see the half sheet.

I will dig through my stuff and see if I have a scan of it. In the meantime, not the whole short but a nice snippet so you get the idea

http://www.seephi.org/donald.php

fc260cgc9.jpg

fc261cgc9.jpg

fc263cgc9.jpg

fc265cgc8.jpg

How about these images? I agree that there is a lull in the four colors but I disgaree as to when that lull starts. I think its around 500 and continues through 800. I think part of the reason for that is that there are a lot of westerns and unfamiliar characters during that stretch that did not stand the test of time as far as remaining popular even to this day.

I agree that there is a lull in the four colors but I disgaree as to when that lull starts. I think its around 500 and continues through 800. I think part of the reason for that is that there are a lot of westerns and unfamiliar characters during that stretch that did not stand the test of time as far as remaining popular even to this day.

I most disliked the photo covers. Don't know when they started becoming more prevalent.

I agree that there is a lull in the four colors but I disgaree as to when that lull starts. I think its around 500 and continues through 800. I think part of the reason for that is that there are a lot of westerns and unfamiliar characters during that stretch that did not stand the test of time as far as remaining popular even to this day.

I most disliked the photo covers. Don't know when they started becoming more prevalent.

In the low 700's photo covers became prevalent then once you go past 800 you can't escape from them.

In the low 700's photo covers became prevalent then once you go past 800 you can't escape from them.

I should've know The Professor would have the answers! thumbsup2.gif

I should've know The Professor would have the answers! thumbsup2.gif

It's called doing your research poke2.gifFC in the low 700s

fc291cgc8.jpg

I've never really looked at that cover before. Very unusual color gradient in the background -- oddly, the "hot" yellow is deeper and "cool" blue-green is shallower, certainly not what my eye would expect. The "ruffled feathers" around the band of Donald's hat are unusual too. On almost any other Donald cover, the black/white line is smooth.

Keep 'em coming!

Jack