• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

On 7/3/2022 at 3:31 AM, jmg3637 said:

Here are a couple of CGCd  Four Colors I have added since the beginning of the Pandemic.

Not really used to the new all-in-one printer I got last year, especially  on slabbed books

Image (83).jpg

I was watching a re-run of that show recently. I don't think it would fly on network TV today. Boone's character, Paladin, lives at a hotel, and he calls the male Chinese servant "Hey Boy" and the female Chinese servant "Hey Girl." That would not be considered politically correct today.

Edited by jimbo_7071

Whenever I won an auction  from MCS I would try to expand the withsome of the missing Four colors  including those recently posted.

Working on my 4th comic closet.  just moved all my four colors together and easily accessible.  

6 Old Bill Cole Gray acid free boxes .  I am still using them 30 years later. Each hold about 75 golden age books

4 long drawer boxes, each holds about 200 books 

1 Magazine drawer box holding only Slabbed  Four Colors.

I have another Magazine box, full of the additions I am now processing.  half of the space with more CGCs and the other 1/2 with nice raw books.

Last time I organized to make space and easier access I starting pulling books  that I knew I want to upgrade.  I only got 1/2 way through the series and had already filled a  short box with upgrade candidates.

For some reason every scan I try to upload is now failing  

The post failed.  Then I reload I was able to add images

These were all upgrades  from Kermits  pad

Image (57).jpg

Image (58).jpg

Image (59).jpg

Image (60).jpg

Image (61).jpg

Image (62).jpg

Edited by jmg3637
adding images and attribution

most of the time I am pretty good about ONLY upgrading low grade copies.

Occasionally I pick up A high grade copy, assuming that my copy must be lower 

Occasionally  I have a hard time deciding on which copy to keep

The first book is my existing copy,  and the 2nd  is a 7.5 copy  from Bedrock.  Which would you keep?

Image (138).jpg

Image (139).jpg

Image (140).jpg

Image (141).jpg

On 7/5/2022 at 9:43 AM, jmg3637 said:

The first book is my existing copy,  and the 2nd  is a 7.5 copy  from Bedrock.  Which would you keep?

The Bedrock copy has slightly more spine tics but overall is cleaner and brighter. It's going to depend on which flaws you dislike more. But I think they are very similar in terms of eye appeal.

On 7/4/2022 at 6:43 PM, jmg3637 said:

most of the time I am pretty good about ONLY upgrading low grade copies.

Occasionally I pick up A high grade copy, assuming that my copy must be lower 

Occasionally  I have a hard time deciding on which copy to keep

Image (138).jpg

Image (139).jpg

Image (140).jpg

Image (141).jpg

I could make a case either way. Initially, I was going to go with your copy based on the spine and that ding on the top of Bedrock’s. However, the BR copy appears brighter with a better wrap. As already suggested, I’d probably let page quality be the deciding attribute.

And I go through this all the time with doubles and upgrades, and I usually keep both. I’d be happy with either copy above in my collection.  :nyah:

On 7/28/2022 at 1:37 AM, jmg3637 said:

ANother hard to find book.

Nice to check this one off my list

fc 001 Little Joe.jpg

Nice.  Congratulations.  That sure doesn't show up very often at a reasonable price.