• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

Yeah, i think I did, too. Really couldn't believe how low the bidding was, and I'm not even a Duck guy. This my first Duck/Disney/Funny Animal book. Pretty good way to start off :grin:
Kinda like me buying a mid grade copy of Captain America 1 for my first Timely. (thumbs u

:applause: Exactly! If you're going to start collecting, start with one of the best :grin:

I have about 400 Four Colors in mostly upper mid to high grade. I'm hoping to complete my collection in the next 5 years or so but who knows how long it will take to find some of these issues! :D

Here are a couple more scans:

2nd printing of Mister Magoo (#1235) and another variant (#869):

FC869-A_thumb.jpg

FC12352nd_thumb.jpg

I collected four colors because they cross so many genres; about the only one missing is super heroes. So now that I've managed to scan some more, I'll try and separate them somewhat by theme, starting with some of the shows I remember fondly from Saturday mornings.

414.jpg

570.jpg

448.jpg

735.jpg

I did a hugh amount of trading with an LCS as well as at the WWLA con. Based on those I am almost 1/2 way to the full set. I even was able to pick up issues from below 100 as well as a First Series issue.

here are some more to mark off the list.

At the convention i also picked up the newest version of comicbase. Hope I use this one more than the last one. I need to figure out a quick system to also track which issues I want to upgrade like the Zorro 960 below

fc950.jpg

fc952.jpg

fc960.jpg

fc980.jpg

fc992.jpg

fc993.jpg

Montezuma is tracking this project for all of us. He has a link to the spreadsheet pages back on page 77 of this thread. somewhat over 800 have been posted since the thread began maybe 1.5 years ago.

unfortunately I do not believe that the books listed here are in any order, and I am fairly sure that no one has gone to the trouble of tracking which issuse are on which pages of the thread.

Perhaps after we get all 1300+ shown we will start a new thread where the goal would be to ONLY post them ONE at a time and in strictly numeric order.

You must have quite a collection if you have over 40 of the 200+ still remaining. Hope you have the time to scan and post them. I would love to see this project completed by the end of 2008.

here ae some more that you can check off Monty. I would love it if you would incorporate the First series somewherein the lists. Perhaps on the third page

fc1027.jpg

fc1045.jpg

fc1074.jpg

Edited by jmg3637

You must have quite a collection if you have over 40 of the 200+ still remaining. Hope you have the time to scan and post them. I would love to see this project completed by the end of 2008.

Unfortunately, having a "lot" of Four Colors does not always mean that much, when your target is 1300 give ot take.

In my original collecting of ASM, I once talked to Josh Nathonson at ComicLink and asked him what I ought to be buying. He said stick with 9,4''s or better. I didn't exactly listen and it did nothing but cost me money. I might have upgraded a book 3-4 times before I finally ended up with the book I decided I could live with forever. The time spent sending money, listing, sending books is enough to use up virtually all your spare time.

So I decided with the Four Colors that I would do it right to start with. I am trying to buy the best copy of any book I can to start with rather than buying a copy for the sake of having the number in my spreadsheet.

I expect this is an endeavor that could take 5 to 10 years. Anyway, I'm not much for chat boards as it can easily become a time vacuum. Nevertheless, I do have a passion for this current endeavor and would be happy to help fill in holes for you as able and add to the discussion as able. Thanks-

1215 File Copy

fc1215.jpg

I'll have to work on a list of the first series, at one point I knew which ones had ben shown, but now I'll need to go back through the thread.

Meanwhile here's some Ben Bowie

443.jpg

511.jpg

626.jpg

657.jpg