• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

These have already been posted as per the cribsheet but for Selegue's sakes, these are the copies I just picked up -

Thanks -- you are really on a roll!

It's amazing how the covers with really sharp cartooning like these two shine next to some of the lackluster (in my opinion) covers like Taffy and that embarrassing ersatz Krazy Kat.

73671.jpg

73693.jpg

This painted cover has a lot of appeal too.

73692.jpg

Jack

An incredible variety of books. Are you going for a complete FC run?

At this point, it probably seems obvious. lol

Yeah, it's been on the back of my mind for a while but never got started. In December I picked up a stack of 20 to see how I liked it. I did.

Then in January I bought a lot of 32 off eBay and I liked them.

Last weekend at a local con, I picked up another 20 and still liked it.

Yesterday and the day before, I cleaned out the back stock of a local shop and picked up a stack of 270 (the above books I posted yesterday and today are just the tip of that huge stack. I only scanned those we hadn't posted yet).

Flatrock is sending me a few and Jack generously is trading me some of his doubles ... so, yes, I've been bit :blush:

At least, over this past week, I picked up or arranged to pick up about over 300 of the 1,322 books in the series. I feel better with the headstart. :insane:

An incredible variety of books. Are you going for a complete FC run?

At this point, it probably seems obvious. lol

Yeah, it's been on the back of my mind for a while but never got started. In December I picked up a stack of 20 to see how I liked it. I did.

Then in January I bought a lot of 32 off eBay and I liked them.

Last weekend at a local con, I picked up another 20 and still liked it.

Yesterday and the day before, I cleaned out the back stock of a local shop and picked up a stack of 270 (the above books I posted yesterday and today are just the tip of that huge stack. I only scanned those we hadn't posted yet).

Flatrock is sending me a few and Jack generously is trading me some of his doubles ... so, yes, I've been bit :blush:

At least, over this past week, I picked up or arranged to pick up about over 300 of the 1,322 books in the series. I feel better with the headstart. :insane:

That's quite an undertaking Michael. There was a local collector, Jack, that was going after them all. I know he was pretty far down the road last I'd heard, but never knew whether or not he finished.

Over a decade ago I visited the home of Ruben Blades while in LA on comic business. He had the complete set. They were displayed on a book shelf in his den. It was quite a site to see them all together in one place.

I wonder if he still has them all? hm I used to sell him quite a bit back in the day, but haven't heard much about him and comics in a long time.

That's quite an undertaking Michael.

I realize that, Bill, but I'm going to give myself 10 years like I did for the Synchronic Collection.

I am 7 years and 6 months into the Synchronic Collection which gives me 2 and half years to find those pesky final 5 books. That should work.

There are more Four Colors that's for sure but they are quite available and reasonably cheap for the most part. Heck, I've only started a month ago and have close to 400 of them or about 30% of them. I'm moving Gator speed so far but I will slow down quite quickly since this is a marathon not a foot race.

That's quite an undertaking Michael.

I realize that, Bill, but I'm going to give myself 10 years like I did for the Synchronic Collection.

I am 7 years and 6 months into the Synchronic Collection which gives me 2 and half years to find those pesky final 5 books. That should work.

There are more Four Colors that's for sure but they are quite available and reasonably cheap for the most part. Heck, I've only started a month ago and have close to 400 of them or about 30% of them. I'm moving Gator speed so far but I will slow down quite quickly since this is a marathon not a foot race.

You are doing great! Such a fun run to collect.

Here are two new ones I was able to pry from Shiverbones' hands last weekend

PopeyeFC.jpg

PopeyeFC26.jpg