• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

GCD does indeed credit Hubbard for the MJ&S art. Here's the other one I picked up today (I for obvious reasons paid less for this issue) and some other fun pick-ups :D

You really did well! I wish the show yesterday had the Mary Janes -- although I didn't get to all the tables.

You're a more persistent scanner than I am, too.

Great cover! Another one I'm missing. Why do malevolent ants wear yellow gloves?

77030.jpg

Jack

(To keep their hands warm.)

I have a copy of FC 1137 (Little Rascals) that came with a lot of comics I bought. It's probably 3.0 ish (no killer flaws, but spine roll). I don't want it, and I'll send it free to any of you FC collectors who does. (Postage $4)

I love to scan :screwy: I flip through one book while another is being scanned. Makes it fun :)

Great cover! Another one I'm missing. Why do malevolent ants wear yellow gloves?

I like it too. There's something about it unlike the majority of Mickey Mouse covers and esp. most after this one. The other MM I picked up has a blah cover but there's a story inside with MM and Goofy stuck in the Middle-Ages and those are always fun.

More pick-ups. Probably shouldn't show my ratty copies but oh well. It's not like I paid for the Chip'N Dale or the MJ&S posted above. The dealer threw them in the deal with some cheapo Uncle Scrooges I needed. Free Barks! Can't beat that :cool: Plenty more Four Colors at the show but I had to refrain myself and had to pay for those Nuts and Atlas books I picked up too. :P

Not the nicest Alice but it's a nice wrap-around cover. Photoshop accentuated the blue beyond what the cover actually looks like but they are deep enough naturally -

77033.jpg.df74b096ca69f88c0855cce47e4aec58.jpg

77034.jpg.33f9c859152bc8bbdc932542bfbf5dde.jpg

77035.jpg.0a94755e6ca54c3cd49e8886a1afc29f.jpg

I have a copy of FC 1137 (Little Rascals) that came with a lot of comics I bought. It's probably 3.0 ish (no killer flaws, but spine roll). I don't want it, and I'll send it free to any of you FC collectors who does. (Postage $4)

Generous offer -- I have that one, remarkably in higher than 3.0!

Thanks,

Jack

I love to scan :screwy: I flip through one book while another is being scanned. Makes it fun :)

I like it too. There's something about it unlike the majority of Mickey Mouse covers and esp. most after this one. The other MM I picked up has a blah cover but there's a story inside with MM and Goofy stuck in the Middle-Ages and those are always fun.

More pick-ups. Probably shouldn't show my ratty copies but oh well. It's not like I paid for the Chip'N Dale or the MJ&S posted above. The dealer threw them in the deal with some cheapo Uncle Scrooges I needed. Free Barks! Can't beat that :cool: Plenty more Four Colors at the show but I had to refrain myself and had to pay for those Nuts and Atlas books I picked up too. :P

Not the nicest Alice but it's a nice wrap-around cover. Photoshop accentuated the blue beyond what the cover actually looks like but they are deep enough naturally -

You should see the ratty copy of 331 I picked up from Big/Little Mike yesterday -- it makes yours look like a Church pedigree. The effect of the wraparound cover is lost when most of the spine is missing. A hole-filler for about a buck.

77033.jpg

This one looks familiar

77035.jpg

I think it's one that I picked up dirt cheap several years ago from a very small shop near our house during the few years it was open. At the time, I didn't even know why the issue numbers were so high! Little did I know that I'd get started on the series. Familiar story?

Jack

Yup, very familiar :whistle:

Slight OT: I don't need any other addiction but do you also collect Giants? I finally broke down and picked up 2 at the show and they are NEAT!! :frustrated:

I have a few, typically bought dirt cheap (who's surprised?)

My favorites are Raggedy Ann and Andy and Pogo Parade.

Silly Symphonies and Little Lulu are fun too.

Jack

PS *look at list* more than a few

Edited by selegue

Slight OT: I don't need any other addiction but do you also collect Giants? I finally broke down and picked up 2 at the show and they are NEAT!! :frustrated:

Jack

You guys are in trouble now if you start collecting Giants! Lots of those in the dealer boxes in low grade and many pages for your collecting dollars! I always thought those giants were the funnest Dells to collect. Try to get early copies of Vacation Parade / Christmas Parade with some amazing Barks stories!!

Surprisingly appealing art inside, esp. the coloring that makes this book. Also, the most GGA I've ever seen in a Four Color :o

Even The Parent Trap?

Yup. Here are 2 pages. Ozark Ike :juggle: Li'l Abner

77148.jpg.c03d7ffe198905d25ca027ceb4646a68.jpg

77149.jpg.603009a03979c8e21fbb4adc974f6486.jpg

Err, how do you feel about sending it locally? :whistle:

Done - PM me and we'll organise it.

Done - PM me and we'll organise it.

Woo Hoo!! :applause:

PM sent. (thumbs u

Jack

I only have a couple of these but am seriously tempted to pick up more. This and FC were such a varied couple of titles to collect. Lots of fun.

Did pick up 1106 and 1161 today. Turned out pretty good. Toth does the art of 77 and Barks draws Granma :cool:

Nice 1106 -- do you think that the photographer had an odd sense of layout or an wicked sense of humor?

Jack

"...but sometimes a pistol is just a pistol"

77263.jpg

I only own 3 Four Colors, all of which are already accounted for, but I've been meaning to post them since before the 33 was checked off the list. Anyway, I think they all deserve to be shown, so enjoy.

33 has always been one of my favorite GA covers. Too many of the Looney Tunes covers feel like children's books and don't capture the wise- feel of the LT cartoons. This is one of the best Bugs covers, I think.

IMG-12.jpg

The 399 is sweet--got it off of someone on the boards and can no longer remember who.

IMG_0003-8.jpg

The 432 is very solid. I picked this up, along with about 30 high double-digit Looney Tunes, from Marc Nathan. They all came from the same OO owner collection of Dells that were owned by "this old, Italian guy" from Baltimore. While this book is solid, the LT's were just absolutely gorgeous, and I think many of them would be 9.0-9.4's if slabbed. All of them have the "B" newstand mark. I just started picking up Dells around 4 years ago, and I wish I had done so earlier because Marc said that the whole collection, Four Colors included was just beautiful.

IMG_0001-8.jpg

I only own 3 Four Colors, all of which are already accounted for, but I've been meaning to post them since before the 33 was checked off the list. Anyway, I think they all deserve to be shown, so enjoy.

33 has always been one of my favorite GA covers. Too many of the Looney Tunes covers feel like children's books and don't capture the wise- feel of the LT cartoons. This is one of the best Bugs covers, I think.

IMG-12.jpg

The 399 is sweet--got it off of someone on the boards and can no longer remember who.

IMG_0003-8.jpg

The 432 is very solid. I picked this up, along with about 30 high double-digit Looney Tunes, from Marc Nathan. They all came from the same OO owner collection of Dells that were owned by "this old, Italian guy" from Baltimore. While this book is solid, the LT's were just absolutely gorgeous, and I think many of them would be 9.0-9.4's if slabbed. All of them have the "B" newstand mark. I just started picking up Dells around 4 years ago, and I wish I had done so earlier because Marc said that the whole collection, Four Colors included was just beautiful.

IMG_0001-8.jpg

Great books in sweet grade! :applause:

IMG-12.jpg

You're correct, that book needs to be shown. Nice clean effective cover and the white on your copy :luhv:

Been reading some of my Four Colors. Pulled out this mini-run from 1003 - 1007. Turned out to be a nice run. 1003 is by Toth, 1004, 1005 AND 1007 by Dan Spiegle and 1006 by John Buscema. Not a bad line-up. I was somewhat surprised though to see so many Spiegle books clustered that much.

What's everyone's opinion of Spiegle? :popcorn:

77829.jpg.c5a5d55f11c15d0e51af1858bde65960.jpg

77830.jpg.cf777924e83feeda09cbbcb653ddc047.jpg

77831.jpg.ca3b7d630d6330d99602b1b397c889c2.jpg

77832.jpg.2a82c0768a3f1715bce1dc60071b1f09.jpg

77833.jpg.f651cc19e22ce2d7c09ee0816e53c282.jpg