• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

... a few more missing ones -

Quite a Four Color score you've had lately!

It's so aggravating to have to actually pay money for some of these titles. Are there actually Lolly fans out there? Always one of my least favorite strips as a kid.

73573.jpg

This one I like better -- maybe partly nostalgia. I liked the cartoons as a kid (the mysterious planet Mulimula) -- the comic books that I've seen are nicely drawn and the stories aren't bad either.

73581.jpg

Jack

It's so aggravating to have to actually pay money for some of these titles. Are there actually Lolly fans out there? Always one of my least favorite strips as a kid.

I haven't read those yet obviously but a quick scan didn't reveal exciting art or stories. Plus, I got some other Lolly issues. Maybe I'll HAVE to become a fan :(

Oh. I seem to remember Jack that you mentioned that some of the later ones are tough to find. What exactly did you mean? Monte?

I've read that some of the later ones, when the series was sputtering out and numbers are missing, had very low distribution and are scarce.

Most notoriously, Andy Griffith #1341 is apparently one of the last books that Four Color collectors usually find -- Gerber 7.

The only other 7 I see at the end of Gerber's list is Nellie the Nurse #1304.

Jack

Scrooge, have you read any issues of Angel by Mel Casson?

I enjoyed this title when I was a kid. I can remember thinking that #15 had one of the best comic book stories I'd ever read.

Keep in mind I was only about 5 at the time. lol

Oh. I seem to remember Jack that you mentioned that some of the later ones are tough to find. What exactly did you mean? Monte?

I've read that some of the later ones, when the series was sputtering out and numbers are missing, had very low distribution and are scarce.

Most notoriously, Andy Griffith #1341 is apparently one of the last books that Four Color collectors usually find -- Gerber 7.

The only other 7 I see at the end of Gerber's list is Nellie the Nurse #1304.

Jack

I see. Thanks for the info (thumbs u

I have a few of the later ones (1303 and 1328) and I picked up 1354, the last one today.