• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

nice job in your never ending completionist efforts....

i wonder which issues haven't been posted on this thread to date.

it's been a long time since I recall an update.

Cheers

I think I may have three that you need .

Many thanks to Cheetah who provided me five great Four Color books out of his personal collection. I hope to return the favor some day!

He helped me out with FC 121, 438, 702, 1012 and 1046.

Thanks again!

I get plenty of disappointing grades at CGC but occasionally I do get a big surprise to the upside. I just got grades on a few book I sent in. Among them was a 9.4 on FC 173 (Flash Gordon). Everything else was as expected, almost. I did have a 1236 (King of Kings) I was hoping to get a 9.4 on and it was given an 8.0...How did I miss that big?

1294_1.gif

While not technically a Four Color Large Feature Comics was the forerunner. Issue 1 at one point was an ultimate find. This is one of the best copies known.

I love publishers bound volumes and the Large Features are in the same bindings as the Four Colors.

Edited by Joe All Star

1294_1.gif

While not technically a Four Color Large Feature Comics was the forerunner. Issue 1 at one point was an ultimate find. This is one of the best copies known.

I love publishers bound volumes and the Large Features are in the same bindings as the Four Colors.

Jeez...you are being pretty modest. incredibly while it is valued far less than Four Color #1, but is positively impossible to find. Moreover it predates FC #1 by almost a year . In fact I've never actually seen one til now..Wow!

1294_1.gif

Jeez...you are being pretty modest. incredibly while it is valued far less than Four Color #1, but is positively impossible to find. Moreover it predates FC #1 by almost a year . In fact I've never actually seen one til now..Wow!

I have a copy of this issue as well, but clearly nowhere near as nice as Joe's copy

LargeFeature1.jpg

1294_1.gif

I have a copy of this issue as well, but clearly nowhere near as nice as Joe's copy

LargeFeature1.jpg

I had one too but sold it on eBay a few months ago.

cna't believe I forgot to post this one here.

It was the corner stone of my Trade with Terry O'Neil last fall. Not the best copy, but I never thought I would be able to trade for a key like this one.

fc029DDMummysRing_zps812480c8.jpg

I wish I could figute out how to post from Photobucket mobile. If I did I would post more often. I think I have over 50 new books added, many of which are completed on Photobucket.

It was the corner stone of my Trade with Terry O'Neil last fall. Not the best copy, but I never thought I would be able to trade for a key like this one.

I wish I could figute out how to post from Photobucket mobile. If I did I would post more often. I think I have over 50 new books added, many of which are completed on Photobucket.

If you go to photobucket and look at the previews shots they contain a "chat board" link that can be directly pasted here and will show up well. All my pictures here are from photo bucket.

Any copy of FC 29 is a good copy of a FC 29! (thumbs u

Question that I probably once knew the answer to ... and could dig out the answer to with some effort but thought I would ask about here. I noticed that FC 59 is dated December 1944, while FC 61 is dated November 1944 (at least according to their CGC labels).

Did the numbering of FCs being out of order with the publication dates happen frequently, occasionally, almost never ... or did CGC make an error on one of these labels? hm