• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

processing the additions to the FOur COlor QUest ends up being quite a process.

I almost always end up rebagging the books into silver/gold mylites with acid free boards. I tro to multitask by combining this with scanning the books. I also try to transfer the price grade stickers from the old bags to the new one. This took almost 90 minutes for the 30 additions.

I am sitting here now entering the info into my dual tracking spreadsheet and Thank you word document. COmbining that with watching a taped ARROW and reading the boards. Nice comic related day all around.

I am up to 833 issues

here are a few more from my omaha score

fc884HawkeyeampLastoftheMohicans_zpse058a97c.jpg

I remember that show and John Hart although I probably watched it because of Lon Chaney Jr.

I don't remember his Lone Ranger shows but probably confuse his Captain Africa and the Phantom.

5565242730_dd7555c189_b.jpg

Not my favorite book of the year but probably my biggest.

31242869c63d3cbacd806d3e173aea0c_zps25271380.jpg

When I saw this book my jaw just dropped. Maybe it is just me, but it is almost incomprehensible that a book that is nearly 75 years old can be in such condition, even if it is a CHURCH book

Can you imagine what this book would be worth if it was a #1 from a different long running series from that time period? I swear Four Colors get no respect.

Not sure when I can post post another of my books after seeing this book

SIMPLY AMAZING

I finally pulled the trigger on my trade with My Comic Shop . com

They had an amazing inventory to work with. Of the 500 or so I am still missing they had almost 1/2 in stock.

Very hard to narrow the list down and chose $500 worth. Do I go for oldest? Do I go for least expensive to fill 100 holes? Do I go for Highest priced? Do I go for Highest Grade?

I ended up focusing on Higher grade books for this go around. . I built a spreadsheet where I could swap books in or out of the cart.

Based the trade around 1 key book a 108 Donald Duck in F-

I also have coming:

Four Color (1942 Series 2) 543 FN 6.0 Uncle Wiggily

Four Color (1942 Series 2) 676 FN 6.0 Will Yum

Four Color (1942 Series 2) 962 FN+ 6.5 Maverick

Four Color (1942 Series 2) 1071 FN 6.0 Real McCoys

Four Color (1942 Series 2) 1106 FN 6.0 77 Sunset Strip

Four Color (1942 Series 2) 1169 VG+ 4.5 Sherlock Holmes

Four Color (1942 Series 2) 1218 VF- 7.5 Fury

Four Color (1942 Series 2) 1231 GD/VG 3.0 Danger Man

Four Color (1942 Series 2) 1332 VG/FN 5.0 Bachelor Father

For the most part I went with higher Grade books. I put most of the Westerns on hold.for later and ended up swapping in more of the later issue TV covers since those were the shows

10 books in all. If the grading on the selling side is as strict as it is on the buying side I will be very happy with these.

Been almost 2 weeks since anyone last posted in this thread, and we had fallen to page 4. No way to treat this series.

here are the last 3 from my Omaha score

fc1224LittleRascals_zpsf496d1e0.jpg

fc1259ELCID_zps3124cdb6.jpg

and one of the few post 1300 issues

fc1307Margie_zps689f1a64.jpg

Edited by jmg3637

Just finished processing sevarla recent trades. I am up to 858 different issues with a few more trades to be processed by the end of the year. I have almost 8 full short boxes and another one with duplicates

here are the first few from the Granada Hills Comic Con

fc1043ThreeStooges_zps00371dc6.jpg

fc1012LastTrainFromGunHill_zps4d807fb8.jpg

ANd this last one I discovered in my own dealer stock. I thought I had culled all of the Four Colors out when I started this project 8 years. ago, but when I was looing through my DELL box I found this one.I had traded for a copy previously, but this one is an upgrade.

fc1213MysteriousIslandMMI_zps27170aa8.jpg

ANd this last one I discovered in my own dealer stock. I thought I had culled all of the Four Colors out when I started this project 8 years. ago, but when I was looing through my DELL box I found this one.I had traded for a copy previously, but this one is an upgrade.

fc1213MysteriousIslandMMI_zps27170aa8.jpg

So cool :cool: According to my check list I have this one ... but I'll be darned to remember how good mine look :o:sorry: so many books in that series!!

After going through everything today I found that I now have 56 duplicates that are available for TRADE

Here are a few more from the GHCC. Most of them are from long time dealer Terry O'Neil. He WAS very heavy with Zane Grey's and Raggedy Ann's. Now I am well stocked in those two titles.

fc632ZGsFightingCaravan_zps5054506a.jpg

fc616ZGsLastMan_zps796e40c9.jpg

fc555ZGsRangeWar_zpsd4f8fad1.jpg

fc511ZGsOutlawTrail_zps524cfbe8.jpg

Edited by jmg3637

Not my favorite book of the year but probably my biggest.

31242869c63d3cbacd806d3e173aea0c_zps25271380.jpg

When I saw this book my jaw just dropped. Maybe it is just me, but it is almost incomprehensible that a book that is nearly 75 years old can be in such condition, even if it is a CHURCH book

Can you imagine what this book would be worth if it was a #1 from a different long running series from that time period? I swear Four Colors get no respect.

Not sure when I can post post another of my books after seeing this book

SIMPLY AMAZING

That is just phenomenal! :cloud9: