• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 100 pagers
3 3

1,414 posts in this topic

Love the 100 pagers! I have a great memory of buying the classic Adams Superman wrap around cover off the stands one beautiful summer day and walking home feeling like I had just found treasure. Well, there was Gold in those books, Golden Age reprints anyway! To a kid in the early seventies who was fascinated with the Golden Age but couldn't afford or find them (they were always expensive and hard to find) having those reprints brought me to another time and place.

Another memorable issue was the Detective issue that reprinted the original Two Face stories. I took that book down to Florida on vacation that year and got a huge kick out of reading it. I still have my dog-eared copy in my collection and still enjoy paging through it. Now I am in search of mid-grade copies of some of those Golden Age originals to bring it all home.

Greggy, if you are compiling a collection of these books; I think you are a smart man. Some of these (not all as the concept got diluted as the years wore on) are classics and deserving of respect in any collection.

Wow! is right.

There are two of these 9.6s, Poopie must have one of them and this one is up to $2,000 on CLink. Oooh if I had not bought so many junky Superboys......

:sorry:

lol

First hundred pager I've bought in a long time....

TMM_0093.jpg

Great book, I bought that off the stands. The beauty of the 100 pagers was the huge amount of DC history at your fingertips for a mere 50 cents. Where else could you learn about Air Wave or the original Wildcat? DC probably thought they were getting off cheap with free material but I was in heaven!