• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 100 pagers
3 3

1,414 posts in this topic

Curious what the nice DC-4 in the upcoming Heritage Auction will go for now that a 9.6 has sold, looks pretty sharp. The last 9.4 sale was over 2 years ago @$2K, but 9.4's are now 2nd string copies. hm

Thanks for bumping. I never knew this thread existed and hundred pagers are my favourite comics bar none. Going back to the start of this thread to read the whole thing. (thumbs u

Yeah, nice bump. Was thinking about starting one like this. I'm actually very close to finishing my Adams Bats collection was going to end it there, but got to thinking that all the Bats 100 pagers from the early '70s were also an important part of my childhood too. Very tough books to find in decent condition.

I like the 100 pagers, but dont have any above VF. I recently was reading one of the letter pages, where one reader was grumbling about the high percentage of G.A. stories. That's one of the reasons I buy these, plus I really like the 100 pagers, they are hefty. :sumo:

BB_115.jpg

My very first comic and the book that started a life long obsession :cloud9: loved the lead story with the Atom going inside Batman's body to save his life. Great Reprints as well. It was like a comic book primer! Love everything about that book, thanks for posting the image (thumbs u

My very first comic and the book that started a life long obsession :cloud9: loved the lead story with the Atom going inside Batman's body to save his life. Great Reprints as well. It was like a comic book primer! Love everything about that book, thanks for posting the image (thumbs u

Thanks,

These books were somewhat reminicent of the Showcase series, but featured some of the best G.A. and S.A.stories, featuring the likes of Silent Kinght, the Atom, Hawkman, Sgt Rock, the Challengers and more. One of my favorites from B&B 115 is the Viking Prince story.

Here's the letter to the editor I referred to, from Detective Comics #440.

DET_440B.jpg

If I recall correctly issue 440 features a great G.A. Manhunter story. :grin:

DET_440.jpg

I guess readers who were in their twenties and thirties back then were that much closer to the SA and even GA that the reprints seemed unnecessary, as they may well of owned the originals.

As a little kid at the time I loved the reprints as I had never seen them before and it seemed impossible at the time that I would ever be able to find, let alone afford the originals.

It's all a question of perspective I suppose.