• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 100 pagers
3 3

1,414 posts in this topic

I'm going to win 6-7 of your books in February.

What happened with the Detective 438?

I will probably be bidding on 6 or 7 of your books as well.

:popcorn:

It is no contest when I go against Greggy. Been there, done that.

Hopefully he leaves some scraps behind for the poor and helpless. lol

A short story on a Batman 238 I had graded around 10-11 years ago, and sold a year or 2 later. I was purchasing runs of quite a few DC series in the late 80's, early 90's from a CBG adv., from a fella in Connt., I forget his name. Anyway, he was advertising a Batman early bronze age run, from around issue 215 or so, to around #250, 255. Average grade was nm, according to his adv., and having purchased from him before, I knew he was mostly on target. So I get the comics in the mail, and going through them, I am satisfied with the grading, everything was there, and I just put them away, content that I was on my way to completing my second set of the run. Years later, after CGC became established, I noticed that 238 was rare, or maybe at that point, maybe did not even exist, at 9.4 on the census. So I had it graded, this was when the old style labels were still in effect, and it came back 9.4. As I said, I sold it about a year or 2 later, for what was, at that time, a record price, I forget the exact number, maybe around $1200? And quite frankly, I was shocked it did that well, around $400-$500 more then I believed it would. But for me the real sweet part was that, not including the grading fee, I paid, with postage, about $25 for that comic. Talk about Gone with the Wind!

'bout time :sumo:

DC4.jpg

Congratulations!!! :applause: