• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Response
9 9

353 posts in this topic

Maybe we could have a new website for people whose collections are worth seven figures or more only? Of course it'd be the utmost in civility and they shouldn't have to wait around too long for someone important to drop by.

893naughty-thumb.gif

It's talk like this that scares away the exalted ones who would bestow upon us wisdom from their encyclopedic knowledge if only we weren't such an unsavory and unwashed rabble.

Bear in mind, those that own expensive books should always be addressed as "mister," or at the very least "your excellency." hail.gif Because, in addition to having the most expensive books, they also know the most and add the most value to the boards.

This is the scan of the book that Steve Carey had sent me. The sub crease is visible in the original scan in contrast to the other scan that has also been posted where the sub crease is somehow invisible.

Before you go, let's clarify - your position is that the grade was stretched, the price was pushed, and disclosure did not occur, correct?

In other words, a taste of your own medicine

STEVE

This was the scans that was finally sent after your false claims about the book were made.

And I appreciate that the fact that you have admitted your mis-deeds. And for offically removing yourself from the pedestal that you had placed yourself on.

Any idea who photoshopped the new and improved scan?

Stephen

The image you posted, Stephen, looks like it was taken with a digital camera (and is slightly blurry) since the background looks like carpeting? The other image was clearly scanned in with with either a black background on the scanner or with the lid off the scanner.

Your image also does not look "flattened" against the scanner platen due to the slight curling at the edges? Again, this could be because the scanner lid was left off as to not press the comic against the scanning glass... or because it is a digital camera shot.

This could explain some of the differences in picture quality.

(I am not saying any Photoshopping was or was not done BTW.)

Edited by sckao

Great post! I've always considered the boards to be a great equalizer. Maybe some people want to create an untouchable mystique around themselves. After all...it's comic books were talking about. But as with all of society, people have the need to create some form of pecking order. It's not the books people have that earn my respect, it's the way they behave that does. One good example of an all around good guy , who in my estimation doesn't take himself too seriously, is John Berk. Very nice man and very entertaining posts.

Absolutely agree. Jon is first-class and first-rate.

And this actually bolsters my comments 100%. You will rarely find Jon posting in the General section for the very reasons that I and several others have written above. He will post in the GA section without hesitation. That is an uncontrovertible fact and tells the story.

Great post! I've always considered the boards to be a great equalizer. Maybe some people want to create an untouchable mystique around themselves. After all...it's comic books were talking about. But as with all of society, people have the need to create some form of pecking order. It's not the books people have that earn my respect, it's the way they behave that does. One good example of an all around good guy , who in my estimation doesn't take himself too seriously, is John Berk. Very nice man and very entertaining posts.

And this actually bolsters my comments 100%. You will rarely find Jon posting in the General section for the very reasons that I and several others have written above. He will post in the GA section without hesitation. That is an uncontrovertible fact and tells the story.

I guess that there are many of us and I include myself, who should be asking "What the heck are we doing over here?" I'm back to the GA section where there's more scans and discussions of my favorite subjects....GA.

Maybe we could have a new website for people whose collections are worth seven figures or more only? Of course it'd be the utmost in civility and they shouldn't have to wait around too long for someone important to drop by.

893naughty-thumb.gif

It's talk like this that scares away the exalted ones who would bestow upon us wisdom from their encyclopedic knowledge if only we weren't such an unsavory and unwashed rabble.

Bear in mind, those that own expensive books should always be addressed as "mister," or at the very least "your excellency." hail.gif Because, in addition to having the most expensive books, they also know the most and add the most value to the boards.

Exactly. Now that deathlok and JC are on vacation this place should be wall-to-wall BLUE-BLOODS.

Haven't we been told that the grand Viziers of the collecting world are lurking and would dane to post if not for the unseemly and scrutinizing spoonheads among us?

Yet one of these " makepoint.gif " frightens them away faster than a pigeon can find a statue.

I guess that there are many of us and I include myself, who should be asking "What the heck are we doing over here?" I'm back to the GA section where there's more scans and discussions of my favorite subjects....GA.

Anderson's fault. He should have posted his comments in the GA Section. makepoint.gifwink.gif

alright my post was deleted i guess. i will try again but nicer.

man do you read any of the post or do you just make things up in your head. no one has said anything like this. yet evryone keeps repeting it. all anyone wanted to do was ask about his action 1 and his collection just like we do with anyone else on these boards. not because he is some high and mighty know all, just cause he has a sweet collection.

and the onlt reason i for one refered to him as mr. anderson is cause i have know idea what his name is and the post i was replying to had mr. anderson already typed in it so i coppied it.

so leave that alone. it's a waist of everyones time.

893naughty-thumb.gif

Thanks for finally coming to grips with that Zip.

We would appreciate "your excellency" or for short "your grace" when responding to our posts, and if perchance we were to meet at a forum dinner, genuflect before approaching the "presence"...

grin.gifwink.gif

man do you read any of the post or do you just make things up in your head. no one has said anything like this. yet evryone keeps repeting it. all anyone wanted to do was ask about his action 1 and his collection just like we do with anyone else on these boards. not because he is some high and mighty know all, just cause he has a sweet collection.

and the onlt reason i for one refered to him as mr. anderson is cause i have know idea what his name is and the post i was replying to had mr. anderson already typed in it so i coppied it.

Ooooh deleted post, sorry I missed it.

I've been reading this post, sorry my interpretation was different than yours.

Didn't mean for you to infer that I was targeting you, don't care what you call anyone really for that matter. I did think it was great when Bob came on and participated in the GL 76 and Conan 3 discussions. What's been the difference between Bob and Rosa or Anderson or anyone else that people feel have been chased off? I think it's them, we're all the same. I don't know what people expect when they come to a public forum and cast accusations and aspersions and try to muddy others' reputations. I think if you can't stand the heat, don't go in the kitchen. Was it Shakespere that coined the term "Peanuts Gallery"

If I'm a waste of your time, just hit the ignore user. But I noticed you felt the need to redo this so that I'd see it. flowerred.gif

27_laughing.gif

You know, I thought the same thing yesterday. I honestly don't think the OT posts on this thread were insensitive or mean. What this basically amounts to is two guys who couldn't resolve their issues privately and felt the need to put on a big show in a public forum. What exactly are we supposed to do about it? What would be the "civilised, respectful" response? Should we take sides? Whatever comments we make (serious or humorous) won't settle anything. The only people who can resolve this are the two direct participants. I don't care what books they have, or how much they made on their last sale, coming here to attack each other is just silly, and frankly, a little embarrassing.

And as for the Action 1... sure, I'd like to see it, I don't see why someone would want to selfishly retain something that means so much to this community. Would it physically hurt to post a scan? I suppose we, the riff-raff, just aren't worthy to view such an exclusive, glorious image. Whatever.

All Steve and Dave have done is shown that they are tempermental dealers in this industry.

One correction TiQuinn, if I may.

Dave is indeed a Big Name dealer ($200,000 in recent ebay sales by his own admission in his first post...very impressive!), but I am a private collector.

That is, until Stephen Fishler can back up his posted allegation that I am a "dealer".

Fishler has been asked to list the books I've sold in 2006. Curiously, he has not.

OK, let's give the poor fellow a helping hand...please just reference the comics I've sold - ever - via ebay. Oh wait he can't, because there are none.

Why don't we make it easy so he won't be confused any more...please simply direct us to a dealer's website that I maintain. Hold on - he won't be able to because no such site exists.

Oh my, is he still struggling? Well, as America's #1 Comic Book dealer surely you have the contacts to find out with whom I surreptitiously consign all my books through. I'll save you the trouble, there are none.

We're all still anxiously waiting for your response, Stephen. But I expect some jocularity instead - throw a brick, tell a joke. Hey, it's worked for you in the past, eh? boo.gif

STEVE

He didn't mean a comic dealer.....

leaf.gif

poke2.gifpoke2.gifpoke2.gif

Ooooh deleted post, sorry I missed it.

I've been reading this post, sorry my interpretation was different than yours.

Didn't mean for you to infer that I was targeting you, don't care what you call anyone really for that matter. I did think it was great when Bob came on and participated in the GL 76 and Conan 3 discussions. What's been the difference between Bob and Rosa or Anderson or anyone else that people feel have been chased off? I think it's them, we're all the same. I don't know what people expect when they come to a public forum and cast accusations and aspersions and try to muddy others' reputations. I think if you can't stand the heat, don't go in the kitchen. Was it Shakespere that coined the term "Peanuts Gallery"

If I'm a waste of your time, just hit the ignore user. But I noticed you felt the need to redo this so that I'd see it. flowerred.gif

we are talking about two diferent things man all i'm saying is everyone stop with the "oh some people think he's a comic god" hail.gif craap.