• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonderbread treatment?

311 posts in this topic

I just wanted to know what exactly is the "wonderbread treatment" that has been mentioned in these forums. Is it what I think it is? smirk.gif

The Wonderbread treatment is just a reference to a certain kind of "dry cleaning" (erasure). Instead of using a white art eraser, you wad up a chunk of Wonderbread and use it like an eraser to remove surface grime. It's not terribly effective compared to a white art eraser, but it's probably safer for use on the colored areas of the cover. (I've never tried it on a colored area though, so don't quote me.)

Some people (including me) consider this to be a kind of "restoration," and some (like CGC) do not. Whether it needs to be affirmatively disclosed by a seller is yet another story. Some say yes, some say no.

Essentially, the bread acts as a very fine sponge and the oils in the bread act as a very mild solvent.

It's not a very effective method of cleaning and I'd advise against it. The risk of damaging the book outweighs the benefits.

Who actually thought to use Wonderbread to clean a comic? Now that's the question.

The same people who thought up feeding hallucinogenic mushrooms to reindeer, and then drinking the reindeer's urine to get high? confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Who actually thought to use Wonderbread to clean a comic? Now that's the question.

The same people who thought up feeding hallucinogenic mushrooms to reindeer, and then drinking the reindeer's urine to get high? confused-smiley-013.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

missed that one.... cool.gif

are people actually doing this?

are people actually doing this?

Historically, yes. Google "Gordon Wasson". grin.gif

My DVR stopped recording as Hiro was pulling out his sword. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Man, that is just WAAAAY to easy to make fun of.

*spoiler below*

He meets his future self. Then it ends.

My DVR stopped recording as Hiro was pulling out his sword. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I don't think he had drawn it fully yet... he stopped short has he came face-to-face w/ his future self! 893whatthe.gif

It was a good episode tonight! thumbsup2.gif Got to see Linderman's<sp?> powers and may have learned a bit about some of his and Peter's mother's "previous exploits" as younger Heroes. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

cool to see Linderman's power revealed.

left me wanting more when they didn't reveal whether Peter's mother has a power.

when Linderman was going on about his plan I couldn't help but scream 'Ozymandius!!' which my wife did not understand. she won't read it so I won't explain.

cool seeing the 'Days of Future Past' previews for next week. can't wait.