• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonderbread treatment?

311 posts in this topic

hiro is the best character of the show and that's about the only thing going for it. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif the show needs to pick up the pace and i don't mean the picante sauce. 27_laughing.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Asian-lover. sumo.gif

currently i'm dabbing in korean food. blush.gifangel.gif

Katusa snack bar on Yongsan cloud9.gif

This is truly a show only a comic nerd could love.

I am surprised by a few of my friends that actually enjoy this show. I thought I would be the only one but a close female friend just loves the show (and she is far from a comic nerd).

I agree though that the pace needs to pick up. We need more Sylar killings or something.

BTW, for those who want some more background info including future episode descriptions...from creator Tim Kring.

http://www.9thwonders.com/

The Heroes site on nbc.com also has comics that expand on some of the situations in the drama.

On Wikopedia they indicate that they actually have the story mapped out for five years. blush.gif

Something I read in Masi Oka's interview (Hiro): He used to work for Industrial Light & Magic. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I got my wife interested in it and she hates "super hero" type stuff. She's likes the mystery aspect and the adult relationship scenes.... Plus the fact that the "heroes" don't wear silly costumes and such.

Exactly. Except for the Ali Larter character, my wife loves the show! I'm actually very happy with the pace and feel that if there were lots more action, the big female crowd might be a bit turned off. And from everything I've heard, they're really appealing to a much wider audience than the traditional comic book audience.

Anyone know how Smallville is doing in terms of demographics? It seems like being on the CW network and having more melodrama would also make this show more appealing to the women-folk.

-Bob

I just asked my wife why she doesn't like Smallville and she said it's because it's boring. She used to watch it when it first came out but lost interest.

I personally love the show...and Heroes too. And I'm not a comic nerd.

Right greggy?

Jason?

Anyone?

crazy.gif

A filler with little happening. This is why I record them to my computer and wait for about 3 to 4 episodes then burn one long DVD for my wife to view in one sitting. She can't stand the wait between episodes. Plus all the commercials are removed as well so it is even less frustrating

Sure, last night's episode wasn't great. I think they were just doing the usual "character development." But it wasn't enough to turn me away. Besides, it is on after Prison Break, which I'm addicted too.

I fell asleep. Dreamed that my wife hired robot housekeepers to clean up the house. They were picking up the couch with one hand while vacuuming underneath with the other. Stuff like that.

Flashback from Action #1 and a quirky Silver Age Action again, huh?