• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I REALLY WANT THE SUSPENSE #3, BUT MY WIFE WILL KILL ME!

198 posts in this topic

I was born in Portland too, Emanuell. Yeah, divorce could be a option, but not likely. She just gave me the ok, I am actually supprised! I know she will hold it against me, but heh, she said yes so I am bidding. Or at least sniping!

I was born at Emanuell Hospital as well!!! GL with that book. I think someone just bid 4200 on it unless they were pulling your chain... PM me sometime & talk about the good 'ol days (Serendipity Book Store, Powells Books, Armchair, Apache, excalibur)

I was born in Portland too, Emanuell. Yeah, divorce could be a option, but not likely. She just gave me the ok, I am actually supprised! I know she will hold it against me, but heh, she said yes so I am bidding. Or at least sniping!

Not worth it man! Would you rather not have a Suspense 3, or would you rather she took half your collection in a divorce? tongue.gifblush.gifstooges.gif If she's not happy, nobody's happy! flowerred.gif

NO, NO, I was born at Emanuell. in 69. I didn't grad. in 69. Class of 93 University of Oregon, Yeah, Yeah, 6 year program I know.

Okay! Well that means I'm only 2 years older than you...cool! GL on the book, I have to go as I'm off duty now & it's 0820 am here in Germany...PM me & we will talk

Not worth it man! Would you rather not have a Suspense 3, or would you rather she took half your collection in a divorce? tongue.gifblush.gifstooges.gif If she's not happy, nobody's happy! flowerred.gif

Truer words have never been spoken....so here's how you handle this situation, which many of us have been in including yours truly.........you mentioned you spent $30k over the past 3 months, and spending more will land you on Oprah as the divorce caused by comic-mania. So........you go thru your collection, find a $4,000 book or books ( the price you mentioned you were willing to pay....looks like the end price will be higher- at $3500 presently ) that you like LESS than the Suspense 3, and you sell them! ( I know that's a dirty word on the Boards for some reason...but I upgrade like this all the time). Give your wife full disclosure of your plan, AND buy her a little treat for being so wonderful.....

You end up with the book you MUST have, sold some books you like less, and your wife knows you were honest and got a little something out of the deal....make her love the Suspense 3 as much as you do and everything will be acclaim.gif

Truer words have never been spoken....so here's how you handle this situation, which many of us have been in including yours truly.........you mentioned you spent $30k over the past 3 months, and spending more will land you on Oprah as the divorce caused by comic-mania. So........you go thru your collection, find a $4,000 book or books ( the price you mentioned you were willing to pay....looks like the end price will be higher- at $3500 presently ) that you like LESS than the Suspense 3, and you sell them! ( I know that's a dirty word on the Boards for some reason...but I upgrade like this all the time). Give your wife full disclosure of your plan, AND buy her a little treat for being so wonderful.....

You end up with the book you MUST have, sold some books you like less, and your wife knows you were honest and got a little something out of the deal....make her love the Suspense 3 as much as you do and everything will be acclaim.gif

TAKE THIS ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if this forumite can get the wife on board ohmygoditsa oldbook, he can grease any skid funny-book buying can demand.

Title pretty much says it all, I have the dough, but I have spent 30K in last 3 months, and MY Wife will KILL ME. SO PLEASE SOMEONE BUY THIS FOR ME, I WILL SEND YOU A MONEY ORDER IN LESS THAN A WEEK! Oh, and I don't want to go over 3800.00

Sell other books to finance this one. She can't have a problem with that, can she?