• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,858 posts in this topic

Lot's and Lot's of VERY NICE books in this thread... (thumbs u

I was gonna show my early Annuals but after seeing Hepcat's there's no reason to.

So here's something different that i had scanned already. Not A FLASH, but an early guest appearance (other than JLA). From SID's Luncheonette in early 1962;

GLs001.jpg

Oh wow! That's a really nice Flash 113. I don't think I've seen a better one.

Sid's must have sold a lot of nice comics. I just started a thread on Sid's Luncheonette right here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=5399803&Searchpage=1&Main=246748&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5399803

:cool:

This cover brings a couple of questions to mind.

The spring seems pretty small, will the Flash even achieve orbit? hm

The spring was actually precisely calibrated to send the Flash into lunar orbit. Captain Boomerang was after all a criminal genius.

Should Captain Boomerang have devised an alternate vehicle? A boomerang after all is noted for returning. :makepoint:

That was part of Captain Boomerang's design. He was counting on the boomerang's return characteristics to swing the Flash into lunar orbit.

;)

Alas, his scheme was foiled by the pesky Elongated Man.

(shrug)

The spring was actually precisely calibrated to send the Flash into lunar orbit. Captain Boomerang was after all a criminal genius.

Should Captain Boomerang have devised an alternate vehicle? A boomerang after all is noted for returning. :makepoint:

That was part of Captain Boomerang's design. He was counting on the boomerang's return characteristics to swing the Flash into lunar orbit.

;)

Alas, his scheme was foiled by the pesky Elongated Man.

(shrug)

Hepcat knows all! (worship)

And frozentundraguy, IF THAT"S EVEN YOUR NAME, in the future, please do not question John Broome's ability to write an air-tight Silver Age Pseudo-Sci-Fi Comic.

FLSHX_124.jpg

Frozen - I'm thinking that Captain Boomerang's contraption was a precurser to Punkin Chunkin, and now he is suffering from serious small spring envy.

123432.jpg.2d541f423e1cc41b346fc061308fe399.jpg

123433.jpg.a71be9a13dd6f486cacd5df920762479.jpg

I just reread Flash 124, it's been a long time. :cloud9:

I had forgotten that the Flash and the Elongated Man temporarily team up with Captain Boomerang to defeat some alien invaders from a different dimension, whose ire had been raised by too frequent visits from Captain Boomerang's time traveling boomerangs.

Now to consider other lauch modes. This one could work for Mr. Potter's flying car. :devil::tonofbricks:

FLYCAR_1.jpg